Have you noticed?

Options
I have been noticing a lot of secondary effects of my new lifestyle lately.

Resting HR: Went from 80bpm to 50bpm
Walking: Need to sing while carrying my daughter to get my HR up when walking.
Complexion: My skin looks healthier and has natural color

What have you noticed?

Quote of the day:
In a country where only men are encouraged, one must be one's own inspiration.

Tegla Loroupe, Kenya, 1994 New York City Marathon Champion

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I feel stronger while running on the treadmill. I used to think I just had a hard time on a treadmill but now I think I was just having a hard time because I didn't have any muscle!

I finally started noticing my jeans fitting better! :bigsmile:
  • twocats
    twocats Posts: 31
    Options
    I've noticed that I can work outside without getting winded and tired. I used to complain bitterly when my husband wanted me to help do yard stuff. Now I look forward to it as another workout:) Happy Day!
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i've noticed my skin feels smoother and it's way clearer and has a little more of a healthy look to it. I've also been told that i look younger now (which i never knew weight made you look heavier *shrugs*). The cloths i used to wear all the time have gotten baggy and I tried on a pair of jeans I hadn't been able to wear in a few years and they fit! Exciting :)
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I have TONS more energy now, and I've only lost 18 pounds. I can get up out of bed WITHOUT the minimum 2 cups of coffee I used to need to make me feel human. Also, I don't feel things jiggling when I walk that I used to feel jiggling :blushing: . I guess I was just so used to feeling sluggish from eating garbage-y food all the time.

The being able to wake up in the morning, though, what a suprise that was! Totally unexpected.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I ran all the way to the train staion without stopping yesterday. which is just over a mile. i am a usless runner and could not make it to the end of the road from smoking and no exercising. that was about 2 months ago. felt great to fly down the road yesterday.
    its a mini goal but things can only get better
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    Same here for all of the above, my skin is def doing better (I am very acne prone :grumble:) and I am sleeping better too :happy:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that my breathing is better (I no longer need my inhaler at all, but I also quit smoking recently), I am sleeping much better and I hardly ever get sick anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone. These are the things to think about when you might of otherwise considered giving up.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that my breathing is better (I no longer need my inhaler at all, but I also quit smoking recently), I am sleeping much better and I hardly ever get sick anymore. :flowerforyou:

That's awesome! I am happy for you! :smile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I am happy for you! :smile: