Gotta try this!
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump :) yummy!!
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I was bored, so I am making these as we speak!!! (left out the artificial sweetener). Thanks again for the recipe!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    this sounds interesting.. does it really taste like bread? i hate cottage cheese.. can you even tell that's in there?
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    mmm yummy thanks!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Just checked out the recipe - curious, do you HAVE to use the artificial sweetener?? Does it affect how it comes out if you don't? I don't generally like to use that stuff....otherwise I really want to try making this! Thanks for sharing!

I didn't use the artificial sweetener, I didn't use any sweetener and they turned out just fine. Just like I used fat free cottage cheese too. I'm going to play with them by adding some spices or seasoning next time.

We are going to toast them tonight and make toasted cheese sandwiches from them.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    bump
  • krissypea79
    Options
    Just checked out the recipe - curious, do you HAVE to use the artificial sweetener?? Does it affect how it comes out if you don't? I don't generally like to use that stuff....otherwise I really want to try making this! Thanks for sharing!

I didn't use the artificial sweetener, I didn't use any sweetener and they turned out just fine. Just like I used fat free cottage cheese too. I'm going to play with them by adding some spices or seasoning next time.

We are going to toast them tonight and make toasted cheese sandwiches from them.

I just took them out of the oven!!! I didn't have full-fat cottage cheese on hand, so I used 4% milkfat cottage cheese with chives - they smell AMAZING!!! A few of them spread out too thin (I might not have beat the egg-whites good enough), but I got a couple good ones out of it that I can try!!!!! :smile:
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    bump! Can't wait to try this!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    this sounds interesting.. does it really taste like bread? i hate cottage cheese.. can you even tell that's in there?

No you don't even notice the cottage cheese, the recipe says you can use cream cheese as well.
  • krissypea79
    Options

No you don't even notice the cottage cheese, the recipe says you can use cream cheese as well.

i tried it yesterday with cottage cheese w/ chives. They came out pretty good but I don't think I beat the egg white long enough. I have some in the oven right now - second attempt, this time with cream cheese. Adds a few more calories (86ish), but same amt of carbs (1g).
  • krissypea79
    Options
    Here is the finished product, I used 3oz cream cheese instead of the cottage cheese.

mail-1.jpg
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    nice! thanks!
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Here is the finished product, I used 3oz cream cheese instead of the cottage cheese.

mail-1.jpg

Mine did NOT look like this! haha...I guess I'll have to try again:) I'm going to try with Neufchatel next time because with the cottage cheese I found it sat on the bottom of the bowl so my batter turned out a little on the runny side and tasted a little "eggy" for my taste, but a great alternative to a crepe! I tested on my 4-year old with Nutella and strawberries and he loved them! I'll experiment more and like the adding herbs idea.
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    They look doughy. What is the texture like?
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Might just have to give these a go tomorrow - could do with some 'bread' to put my pate on :-))