Most inspiring video I've ever seen

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5700431505846055184&q=dying+professor+lecture&total=44&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

I mentioned this video in another thread and I can't promote it enough to people who want to accomplish something in their lives. Something, anything, be it losing weight, nailing that dream job.. anything. It will most likely make you cry. Set aside the hour and 45 minutes and let the man's words change you... I know they changed me a lot.

CMU hosted a series of lectures by professors that were meant to showcase what each professor would say if they knew they only had a few weeks left to live, and had only one last chance to get their feelings across. This lecture is the crown jewel of the series, Randy Pausch, a 47 year old professor who is dying of cancer who only has a few months left on this Earth. It was his very last lecture to his friends, family, colleagues, and students. All I can really say about it is this video is incredible.

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5700431505846055184&q=dying+professor+lecture&total=44&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

I mentioned this video in another thread and I can't promote it enough to people who want to accomplish something in their lives. Something, anything, be it losing weight, nailing that dream job.. anything. It will most likely make you cry. Set aside the hour and 45 minutes and let the man's words change you... I know they changed me a lot.

CMU hosted a series of lectures by professors that were meant to showcase what each professor would say if they knew they only had a few weeks left to live, and had only one last chance to get their feelings across. This lecture is the crown jewel of the series, Randy Pausch, a 47 year old professor who is dying of cancer who only has a few months left on this Earth. It was his very last lecture to his friends, family, colleagues, and students. All I can really say about it is this video is incredible.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, I have seen it and as you said it will touch your life.:flowerforyou:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    we have these types of lectures at our college... we call them CCA Center for Constrictive Alternatives.
    Very interesting....:tongue:
  • twingle08
    twingle08 Posts: 40
    Options
    Did you know that he has beaten a lot of odds so far? He is still alive and doing fairly well. You can follow how his is doing if you google Randy Pausch Cancer Update. There is a show coming up soon about him - I just saw a clip for it the other day and need to find it again! He also has a book out called The Last Lecture.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Did you know that he has beaten a lot of odds so far? He is still alive and doing fairly well. You can follow how his is doing if you google Randy Pausch Cancer Update. There is a show coming up soon about him - I just saw a clip for it the other day and need to find it again! He also has a book out called The Last Lecture.
    It's on Wednesday @ 10pm on ABC.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • twingle08
    twingle08 Posts: 40
    Options
    THANK YOU!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You're welcome:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou: