What shoes do you wear for your workouts?

Throughout my life, I've had various times where I've gone out and bought a ton of workout clothing because I was about to start working out. Then I wouldn't work out, and all the money I'd spent on workout gear went to waste.

About two years ago, I started a regular pattern of working out -- and although what I've done in order to work out is varied, I've actually been sticking with it. I've been doing step aerobics, swimming, walking, dancing (ballroom, blues, argentine tango, and latin), and more recently I've started doing cardio kickboxing and a hip hop class at my gym.

With the swimming and dancing, I've either needed very particular shoes or no shoes at all. With everything else, I've gotten by with an old pair of slip on walking shoes. But lately in the cardio kickboxing class and also the hip hop class, these shoes have been slipping off my heel with some of the movement I've been doing.

So....even though I feel like it might jinx me a little (I know it's silly, but it kind of feels like if I spend money on equipment that I'll stop working out)... I do need to get new shoes.

Can anyone recommend a good pair of workout shoes? What do you wear when you work out, and what sort of workouts do you do? What do you like about them?

Replies

• ohpilot
    ohpilot Posts: 73 Member
    I wear Adidas Climacools for pretty much everything... kickboxing, step, running, bosu classes, etc but I'm slowly transitioning to Merrell Barefoots. It's an entirely different type of training and it's taking me a while to get used to it. Some people can jump right into it but I am definitely not one of those people. I wouldn't recommend starting out with Barefoots just in case :)

My Adidas are the most comfortable shoes I've ever trained in, though :)
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Are those the CLIMACOOL Leap or CLIMACOOL Running?
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    have you considered Vibram Five Fingers?

All purpose shoe is good for dancing, running (well, once you've acclamated yourself to them), rock climbing, swimming, etc.

I love them... I have 2 pair... kinda weird looking and take time to get used to, but once you do, you'll love them
  • lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    I have a pair of nike vomero 6, they are quite possibly the most comfortable pair of running shoes i have ever worn!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    new balance minimus cross trainers for muay thai and weight lifting. The light weight and neutral heel drop are awesome.

i wear minimus running shoes for jogging.

Bontrager cleats for cycling, of course!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I wear my Skechers Shape-Ups for everything I do. Running, walking, cycling, aerobics.
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! :)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Ask your kick-boxing and hip-hop teachers for suggestions. I bet they can help.
  • Nike Free Runs!