My Week by Week Challenge Idea

Options
I've been on this site for a while and its amazing.
I love the tools and the people. I appreciate every comment and post I get. This site is now part of my everyday life.
I'm not the most active person and I've been struggling with weight loss for a while now. Especially belly fat.
I was thinking that we can all get together and take small steps to help get to our goal.
For everyday of the week lets all do a small challenge.
Every week we can up the challenge.
For example.
Monday-Eat 1 cup of yogurt and do 25 jumping jacks.
Tuesday- Eat red grapes and walk 20 minutes.
Etc.
I want your ideas and I want to know if you are willing to join me.

Have a great day everyone and keep trying. Our goal is right around the corner.

Replies

• Dayeonaira
    Dayeonaira Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love your idea ive been using MFP only a week now and i believe that setting smaller goals and challenges will make your end goal more attainable and hold you more accountable.

Im in add me, i think we should keep it to maybe a specific exercise daily that way were able to hold each other accountable and support each other to do it, im not a huge exercise fan but i love doing group activities so lets try it out :) we can include how much we would like to lose for the week and push each other to reach that goal :)
  • gbuckler11
    Options
    Hi!
    I am new here also but wanted to add that another board that I am on does mini weekly challenges to get people motivated- a cardio challenge, a strength challenge, and a water challenge. So, for how ever long the challenge is, a week or two, people commit to a certain personal goal. Like, I am going to walk for at least 20 minutes everyday, or I am going to do ten push-ups everyday, or I will drink at least 80 oz. of water a day. Then you long in each day and report to the thread that you did it. It is definitely helpful, and people seem to get really into it. I always sign up for the water challenge, because that is a real area of weakness for me.
    Just some ideas!
  • ValRawn
    ValRawn Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thank you for coming up with it!
    I'm in!
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    great idea! sign me up!
  • jessivette31
    jessivette31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Jessica and i am almost 31 years old... 2 beautiful girls 9 and 6 years old... I am on a journey.. so far so good! But now i want more... I want those sexy abs and everything else that comes with it. I finished insanity twice and now i am doing Les Mills Pump which is from Beachbody. I love working out. and just hope to find motivating hardworking friends in here.. it's always good to talk to someone that have the same desire as you do...
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am new to this also what the heck i will try it add me
  • frenchpixie
    frenchpixie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
    Replace toast by porridge with skimmed milk and walk at a brisk pace at lunch time?
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this and setting small goals to achieve sound great to me. Sign me up!
  • smileandsparkle
    smileandsparkle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fab idea, can you count me in too please? I'm new here and loving the iPad app of this site! On my 2nd week so far but haven't got round to doing any exercise yet!
    Emma xxx
  • mstoya02
    mstoya02 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. I really appreciate them. I'm not sure if everyone can see when I make a post but I hope so. Tomorrow is Thursday.
    I'm gone call it Thirsty Thursday. Let all strive to drink at least 8 glasses of water. Flush our body and quench our thrist. You are all wonderful.
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    water it is! this is an easy one for me, i drink sooo much water! yay!