The Gift of Saddlebags

Options
I NEED SOME HELP!

I have been working out continuously since 10/2011 and cant seem to get rid of the saddlebags my 4 kids graciously gave me. I have lost 12 pounds and inches everywhere else on my body. I do cardio 5-6 days a week, cycle classes, zumba, work out my legs on machines weekly and am barely seeing any shrinking in the sides of my thighs.

I just saw them in a picture the other day and they were waving to me AHHHHH!! Hahaha

SO I was curious to know who might have workout suggestions to help shrink my thighs/saddlebags. Ive read tons of articles that say you cant target a certain area, but im willing to prove “them” wrong! : )

Thanks All!

Replies

• TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If you find a cure for this unwanted gift - please pass the message along.
  • Mommy2B2G
    Mommy2B2G Posts: 13
    Options
    Lol for sure!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You basically have to lose enuogh wieght for your body to use up those fat deposits to be used... good luck, I had them at 130 lbs... I'm 5'8:indifferent:
  • Mommy2B2G
    Options
    Totally hereditary...my mom and grama both have them too! DAMN YOU GENETICS :)
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was "blessed" with these also after I had my children..who are now 10 and 14 and I still have them but since I've been on this site, working out and losing almost 14.5 pounds I have noticed they have gotten a lot smaller. And this is just 2 months of work so far. Still have some so there's more work to do but at least there is hope they will be pretty non-existent someday! :) Good luck!
  • Mommy2B2G
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss girl! I will keep trekking along and hopefully they will disappear one day when im not looking HA!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    One of the exercise videos I do has Curtsey squats (Forgive the spelling). The video instructor says they are good for saddlebags. Doesn't hurt to give 'em a try. I feel pretty worked out after doing them.
  • LesleeAH
    LesleeAH Posts: 64
    Options
    I wish I could spot-reduce my saddle bags right off, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I have noticed mine have gone down quite a bit since I lost my most recent 8kg. I think I'll always have them though, my Mum is the weight I would like to be and she has them!

DAMN YOU GENETICS! Hah!
  • Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No matter what I weigh I always seem to have the saddle bags. It has to be genetics. I'm 5'9'' and when I was 130 pounds I was still "hippy."
  • blankenships6
    Options
    I have them as well even though I still have about 30-40 lbs to go. However I think genetics has something to do with it because my cousin is thin around her waist and but yet wide hips and guess what her mom and my mom are sisters and they both have them as well. DARN things! Look at the bright side though they say women with bigger hips/thighs are healthier than those who carry the weight around the waist. :)
  • Mommy2B2G
    Options
    I'll give them a try! I am willing to try anything! THANK YOU!
  • Mommy2B2G
    Options
    Thank you all for replying....but it just proves that im going to have to live with these curvacious hips for awhile longer, like the REST OF MY LIFE lol I would definately rather carry the weight there than my waist, that is very unhealthy i agree. So i'll take what my momma gave me and just squash it down with SPANX lmao
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    totally genetic, but i have been using the "brazil butt lift" workout DVDs (only high and tight and bum bum) and have had great results lifting and slimming the area. i still have saddlebags, but they look a lot better than they did before!!
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    I am trying Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs to try and deal with my saddle bags... everything kills after doing it, will let you know results when I get through it!