Logging stair running - please help

I have a question about logging stair running in MFP. I run up 200 stairs 4 times in approximately 25 minutes. When logging this should I count my breaks and the time is takes me to go back down the stairs? Or just log 25 as my total time running up the stairs? I don't want to over estimate my calories burned, but isn't it true that you are still burning calories during short rests? Thanks!

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    bump..
  • snc1212
    snc1212 Posts: 38
    Hi - I log mine separately. I log the actual time jogging the stairs and then the time walking the stairs.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Not that much diff if it's a short rest.

Just pick one and stick to it.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Not that much diff if it's a short rest.

Just pick one and stick to it.

Just pick one what?...I rest/stretch for 5 mins total I would say.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    I'd suggest logging only 20min - rather be under than over on calories burned.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    new question - same topic. How do you log going DOWN the stairs? There's no option here for that but there's gotta be some calories being burned.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 468 Member
    I would suggest a HRM. That will eliminate the queston of how many calories burned.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Ok, drove myself crazy with this all morning.. Googled and found a post on MFP from May 2011 where someone gave this brilliant website. http://stairway.hc-sc.gc.ca/calcalc.aro Hallelujah! :drinker:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    I would suggest a HRM. That will eliminate the queston of how many calories burned.

This.
  • mjacqu8
    mjacqu8 Posts: 2
    my friend i also run the stairs on our 15min break and thats what i enter on the log is the total time. yes we may take a short break in between to catch our breathe but your still burning calories.
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member

Agreed.