Is it better to work out in the morning or evening?

Options
Just curious as to which time is the best time to work out. I have been working out after dinner so I was just wondering?

Replies

• Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    The best time is the time you'll stick to. If you're an evening person, then working out at 4am won't work for you. Find a time you like and stick with it.
  • Corrie_Lynn
    Corrie_Lynn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It definitely depends on your personality. For me, it's better in the morning. If I'm able to make myself get going first thing in the morning, I feel more energized all day. If I put it off till evening, many times I am too tired out and end up not doing it at all. Try different things and see what works for you.
  • 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    they say you burn more calories if you work out first thing in the morning. I'm not a morning person so I probably will never do it. But my colleagues who do workout before work say they have more pep throughout the day and have a easier time falling asleep earlier.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    When I get a good workout in in the morning, I feel like I have more energy for my whole day. But that is just me.
  • ekeledo
    ekeledo Posts: 15
    Options
    I also prefer the morning. Once I am out of bed there is nothing else to do than to start working out ! :) It is easier to pass it in the evenings when already tired from work. BTW This site is amazing..i hope to have some results soon..only signed up today.
  • gunnar2112
    gunnar2112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have heard mixed reviews... Morning is best, afternoon is best. or a combination of light cardio split in the AM and PM is best. I have done both morning and evening workouts and have discovered I am not as hungry when I work out in the AM, before breakfast. You need to do what is best for you and your schedule, key is just working out!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    The best time is the time you'll stick to. If you're an evening person, then working out at 4am won't work for you. Find a time you like and stick with it.

This. It just matters that you go.
  • kristinpascual
    Options
    I'm trying to figure this one out myself LOL.
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Working out in the morning seems to increase my energy and give me a brighter outlook for the rest of the day. Of course, since I like to get to the gym about 5 AM that means I'm in bed by 8:30!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Gonna repeat what everyone here said; The best time is the time that you'll stick to.

I did early morning workouts for half a year. It just didn't work for me. Some people say it gives them more 'pep' throughout the day but for me it just made me super tired.

Now I workout right before bed and sleep like a baby. :)

So figure out what works for you and for your body.