New and frustrated!

marypar
marypar Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! I just joined yesterday and I'm so frustrated trying to set up a list of foods that I eat on a regular basis. Either I'm an idiot and not using this site correctly or this web site is not very user friendly? It takes too long to look each food up. Some foods I eat daily and when I want to log a food eaten today I have to look it up again, because if I had it for lunch yesterday, but as a snack today, it doesn'tt appear. I must be doing this wrong. Does anybody understand what I'm trying to do or say? Thanks Much! Marypar :explode:

Replies

• marypar
    Hi all! I just joined yesterday and I'm so frustrated trying to set up a list of foods that I eat on a regular basis. Either I'm an idiot and not using this site correctly or this web site is not very user friendly? It takes too long to look each food up. Some foods I eat daily and when I want to log a food eaten today I have to look it up again, because if I had it for lunch yesterday, but as a snack today, it doesn'tt appear. I must be doing this wrong. Does anybody understand what I'm trying to do or say? Thanks Much! Marypar :explode:
  • KathyR
    KathyR Posts: 67 Member
    If you had it for lunch yesterday and want it for dinner today just click on the lunch find it add it to lunch then go and click on it in lunch and it will bring up a box where you can change it to the dinner menu. The foods will add them selves that way instead of trying to add them one at a time like you are trying. It is easy and quick:happy:
  • marypar
    Thanks much KathyR.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    or, also, if you had it once and put it in the database, just do a quick search, it'll show up.

As a matter of fact, you should always search before entering food, cuz it's probably already been entered.
  • trying34
    trying34 Posts: 4
    It's also easy to save your most used meals. then, one click and you are done.
    It takes a little getting used to so be patient.:drinker:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Another thing I do is personally name the foods that I add to the data base so it's easy to recognize...

e.g. "AJCM's turkey wrap", "AJCM's 1/2 protein shake" so I can easily identify the exact meal!

It gets easier once you are on a roll!
    :flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    I do that too. I will enter stuff starting with "Kathy" then I can just search for my name and my meals will come up.
  • marypar
    Thanks everyone for your responses/help, it's greatly appreciated. It really does help to track everything you eat, I had no idea how much I was eating. But I don't know if I can live on 1,200 calories a day, I've been hungry all day.
This discussion has been closed.