I'll be over my calorie goal today.

Options
No one will die because of it. So I'm trying not to be hard on myself about it.

I did just eat a big gob of peanut butter, so that doesn't help...

Basically, I'm low today. Some how, some way, I gained two pounds since Monday.

Maybe it's water. Maybe it's that time of the month. Maybe it's because I had pot roast on Monday (though I logged it and was still under my goal).

Maybe I shouldn't worry so much about being under goal.

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that peanut butter.

Maybe I should go study for my final.

Replies

• nesskehoe
    nesskehoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel. Have been craving chocolate all day and gave in and had a few sweeties.

Felt great after working out so much and then went and ruined it all by having a fruit scone :(
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    peanut butter is amazing. at least it wasnt like, a whole bag of chips?
    it will be okay :) just keep going, drink more water, that final might be stressing you a bit. either way it will work out.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about it. Was the peanut butter worth it? Did it hit the spot? If it did, then all is good. If it didn't, the next time you feel like going over, eat something that's truly worth the calories. I just had 3 Oreos...
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I also know how you feel! I had a FABULOUS day yesterday. Then I went out to eat lunch today and everything is SOOOO high in sodium. I am under my calorie goal but sodium is a big killer for me and makes me gain weight AND keep it forever!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Studying for your final is a good idea (:
    And I know what it's like to regret eating peanut butter.
    There have been times I grabbed a spoon and downed 400 calories worth of peanut butter.
    It's my addiction.
    You'll do better!
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Your body knows what you need better than a number on a page. If you wanted a blob of peanut butter (I do constantly) then you can have it. Everything will even out in the end, and if you keep trying, the weight will come off.
    World keeps spinning, dont be too hard on yourself :)
  • alix1105
    alix1105 Posts: 80
    Options
    2lbs? really? you are seriously being too hard on yourself. we can gain/lose up to 5lbs in a day if we weigh ourselves enough. dont stress about it. it is probably just water weight. Tomorrow is a new day. Brush i off your shoulders and keep your head up :)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself stat! Guilt will only make you feel lower, which will require another spoonful, which will start the cycle again! Forgive yourself, play your favorite song (or three) on itunes, then go study for your final. STAT!
    :flowerforyou:
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    tody has been horrible for me too!! Going on about 2.5 weeks of doing really well with my diet; but severely stressed today!! I just want to eat and eat! Even the normal foods are outrageous in calories and now I feel like I can't enjoy even dinner. Which by the way is fajitas...but what good is fajitas if the tortillas and rice are too high! Now its just lettace, some veggies, and chicken! Ugh....I hate dieting! lol
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Just as an awesome, single day at the gym will not give you a 6-pack, a single day of being over your calorie goal will not destroy you. :)

Good for trying to keep perspective. You're just fine. Keep it up.
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I go more by the week than by the day, and it works for me:)
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    It's okay buddy. I have these days at least 3 days out of the week. Just chill and everything will be alright.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ugh, I'm going through the same thing right now :(

but at the end of the day, you can't turn back time and un-make bad decisions. just do your best to get back on track!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm over my calorie goal the last 3 days! I feel bad for doing it but I can't stop it. I crave everything that is full of fat and sugar and chocolate!!!
    I'm so close to my goal and I cannot reach it because I sabotage myself. Well... I supposed I have a right to do it, cause it's Tom , and I'm unemployed and.... a lot of other excuses...
    I'm trying to get myself back into exercise and eating healthy mood. I'm going to sleep and tomorrow is a new day to start the effort for losing the last pounds.
  • Toyasilver
    Options
    Today was not a good day for me either! I've been in a 3 day, 4 hour a day training class for work and I've been eating so I won't fall asleep. To get yourself back under your goal, try doing about 30 jumping jacks and see where that puts you. Also, red meats stay in your system for a while so that might be why you are up 2 pounds. Nevertheless, don't stress out about it. We all have our days! Hang in there.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yeah right and when I screw up,I screw up good. Tomorrow is a new day...study for the final let it soak in well and don;' worry about the past...that peanut butter was so last hour.
  • jumpin15
    jumpin15 Posts: 30
    Options
    I know how you feel in a week I gained back 5 lbs after I started eating some of my exercise calories back. So I cut back this week and I've lost 4 but I'm wondering if my body is just one of those that don't like me eating back my exercise calories. I guess I'll have to stay right at 1200 or less. I also hate dieting and having to lose weight. :(
  • tparsley1
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. We have ALL been there. The best you can do is record everything - even if you go over. Accountability is good. Who knows, you might be "under" tomorrow!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Stressing over it will only increase your body's production of cortisol, therefore inhibiting your weight loss goal. Stop stressing :) It's probably water weight...I ate like a cow yesterday because it was my birthday. It was at maitenance, but still higher than usual and gained 2# magically overnight. Drinking plenty of water to flush the sodium I ate out and eating lots of garlic. Everything will work out. :flowerforyou:
  • Reama5
    Reama5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Golly, thank you everyone!
    You are all right on.

I feel much less guilt over it.

Tomorrow is a new day and as long as I don't intentionally try to pig out, I won't feel bad about it.

My "free day" is on Saturday so if I just stay cool until then, I'll be rewarded with guiltless beer, brawts, and brownies. :D

It's so relieving to know I wasn't alone in having a bad day. Thanks again!

(Btw, I'm looking for more MFP friends, so any ladies that want, feel free to add me. :) )