Any suggestions??

Options
I need help keeping tracking of the calories i burn when I go on a regular hike or do p90, insanity, etc.

I know MFP has a general idea of the calories you burn, but everyone is different.

Does anyone have suggestions on something that would help keep track of the calories i burn? like those arm band things?(i have no idea what theyre called, lol)

mind you, I am not trying to spend $100+ dollars on some crazy gadget! just want to keep track of my calories :)

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think a HRM is the best way to go. I think there are some lower model Polar brand ones (Polar F7? or FT60F) are probably in your price range. I think the FT60 one might be a bit over 100.

I love my HRM. It's a Garmin and out of your budget, but it's SUPER awesome. I'm so grateful I have a more accurate count of my calories, especially since I'm eating back some of my exercise calories.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You would want to buy a heart rate monitor. There are many different brands; I would just research ones in your price range. And I"m sure people here will offer suggestions....
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    There are a plethora of threads about heart rate monitors...just use the search function. Most people will recommend the Polar. I got a New Balance one and I love it, and it was cheaper than a Polar, but still does the same things.

Good luck!
  • JennATC
    JennATC Posts: 64
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and it was under $100. I love it and use it every time I work out.
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT4 for $60 on Bodytronics.com. I love it!
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    definitely spring for a HRM - they are more than worth it - and remember - generally, you get what you pay for. Do some research, find a good deal for you, and snap one up - you won't regret it.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor. Yes. This.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I got a Timex one at Costco and love it. Just make sure that the one you get tells you the calorie count. I bought the more expensive one and it didn't so I returned it and got the cheaper one.
    I also like that you can change the battery in the chest strap yourself if you need to. Some other manufacturers don't have that option.
  • alix1105
    alix1105 Posts: 80
    Options
    thanks for your help! and yes, a Heart Rate Monitor! that's what it's called. haha thanks for the input. Anymore brands or models to look into/Suggested would be awesome :)