tony gazelle calories burned?

Options
how would I know how much the gazelle burns for 30 minutes. it says on line a 200 lb person CAN burn 840 calories in an hour and a 150 person can burn 640 but i am guessing that depends on exactly how hard you are working? Im not sure how to track it?

Replies

• mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Unfortunately the only sure way is to get a HRM but you could see what MFP says, its not that far off on most exercises for me.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Does the gazelle even work? I have one but it barely seems to break a sweat so I don't use it.
  • Lizzymaep
    Lizzymaep Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know they used to have a calorie burned odometer on it, not sure if the newer models do or not. I personally have never had any luck with my gazelle.. It has never made me break a sweat or lose any pounds. I have the original version and the new circle glide one.

If you have a personal calorie burned odometer, you can wear it as you do the tony little gazelle to track your calories burned.... ie: the "Fitbit Ultra Tracker"
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Exactly correct...I'm a little bummed that I can do 60 minutes and I don't burn as much as I used to...the upside is that I lost weight and I'm toning my arms at the same time. I do 30 minutes with resistance and 30 minutes without--arms on the bars for 60 minutes.

I sweat all the time and I'm losing weight and my legs are shrinking too. I went down 2 sizes in panty hose! No more Queen Plus Plus size for this girl!!!

You can track it by using the elliptical trainer OR you can take distance and time and get how fast you are going to log it in as walking. That's what I did in the beginning--balance problems...
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Does the gazelle even work? I have one but it barely seems to break a sweat so I don't use it.

I experienced the same problem until I put it back in the shipping box. Now I get a great cardio workout carrying it up and down the stairs in my 30 story apartment complex. :wink:
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    mine doesn't have a calories burned on it and MFP doesn't list it. If I work it hard i break a sweat but i haven't tried a whole lot.
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My mother absolutely loves hers and swears that it's a good work out. I never liked it. It's a cheaper one and so it has no resistance on it what-so-ever. I feel that I could just take a walk and probably get a much better work out than using the gazelle. I'm actually going back home to visit in a week or so and I'll give it another try but I have a feeling I'll be using the weight machine more. However, due to the trip I searched through the threads on FMP to see how to plug it in, in case I did use it. Someone posted a neat little tool. I'll link it at the bottom of the post, but go to the site, plug in your weight and go down to the Gazelle option. It'll tell you approximately how much you burn.

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I experienced the same problem until I put it back in the shipping box. Now I get a great cardio workout carrying it up and down the stairs in my 30 story apartment complex. :wink:

LOL!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    tv-pitchmen-venn-diagram.png&sa=X&ei=QwliT9bgBaP30gGLyPGwCA&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEkYCtPaF4pym59Qd0mtC4Ah8_Sjg