4ft punch bag.

Options
Hi All

Any ideas how to put up a punch bag....... Am in a new build, (renting) so no chance of putting it against the wall (inside or out) or ceiling.......

Thought of putting it up outside, but any ideas how? The appliances you get seem expensive and they seem to trip you up all over the place... Anyone had any use of one and found them good????

Thought of a 2 by 4 against fence ............. But some advice would be helpful................ I am sure some of you have to of used them at some point or have them at home!!!

So bored:grumble: and I know if my punch bag was up I would be making good use of it, have had it over 2 years now... Any ideas please..........:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    There must be someone on this site who has a punch bag??????????????? xxxxxxxx
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You could get a Y rack. I don't know how much they are, but I've seen them at the gym I used to train at and I know Sports Authority sells them. Other than that, you could use a car port beam if you have that available.

I plan to hang mine in the basement once we move. I miss my heavy bag.
  • toriann143
    Options
    they have stands so that you don't have to hang it - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-Dual-Station-Heavy-Bag-Stand/15063340 .. just an idea, i'm sure there are cheaper ones :)
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I got a never used $200 bag stand on Craigslist for $10. Check there.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Options
    You could get a Y rack. I don't know how much they are, but I've seen them at the gym I used to train at and I know Sports Authority sells them. Other than that, you could use a car port beam if you have that available.

I plan to hang mine in the basement once we move. I miss my heavy bag.

Googled it and just got bike rack for a car?????? For £250............ I dont think that will hold my bag.............. But thank you xx
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    do you have a tree you can hang it from
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Options
    Thank you for all your comments, sooooooo much!!

The post you sent toriann, is not what I am looking for, as it has things I will trip over... I need to kick it and move around it... With those things sticking up I will end up on my a** xx but thank you for taking the time to post..

tig_o thank you, will google it and look ......... xx

Yes I have two trees mikey, but sadly there is no way I could get it attached............ Have looked into that.......

Thanks again. xxxxx Something will come up, it has been used by my youngest as a rocket for the last few years... xx
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Second the Craigslist recommendation! I've seen TONS of punching equipment in a few different cities for almost nothing.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Options
    Second the Craigslist recommendation! I've seen TONS of punching equipment in a few different cities for almost nothing.

Have been looking but in the UK, Bristol area, nothing much, yet but will look !!

Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Options
    Craigs list is amazing, never seen the site before thank you for sharing...................

Will continue to look, will not give up xxxxxx