loose skin

Options
im wondering if i will have it once i lose the weight. i am worried about getting loose skin once i lose the 80-100 pounds i need to lose. im guessing having a baby didnt really help either, but i wouldnt change it for the world. anyone out there lost 80-100 pounds and didnt have loose skin?

Replies

• Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think its one of those things that everyone is afraid off. My mate lost 10 stone but done allot of toning etc and wasn't too bad. I have 200lbs to lose so naturally I will have loose skin and if I do I will be going for a trip to the surgeon to get it off. That is my worst fear to lose all that weight and still be left with a body I would hate. I'm saving up already!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Every body is going to have different results. I have seen people lose 100s with minimal lose skin, and others who loose very little and have tons of loose skin. Everyone will recommend to lose the weight slowly so that your body has time to adjust. Strength train to replace the fat with muscle so that your skin has something new to hold onto. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water, but also trying to moisturize the skin with lotion. And of course having a healthy diet helps as well. Eating foods with healthy fats like salmon and avocados will help your skin look healthier as well. And finally supplements like Vitamin E, Biotin, Vitamin A, and Omega 3,6,9 also can hep your skin.

Try not to worry about it so much, it could eventually lead to you losing motivation and discouragement.
  • Jbbaby111
    Jbbaby111 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    im afraid of this too! i had a baby 7 weeks ago...my 3rd and can tell im loosing in my belly and its already loose so im toning that NOW before it gets worse LOL
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Honestly, loose skin is somewhat genetic, so individually, your body will just do what it's going to do.

I will say, though, skin is something that can take several years to adjust to major changes, so if you lose the weight gradually, and maintain a healthy diet, your skin will probably adjust well with you. It will even continue to adjust AFTER you lose the weight, not just while you're losing it. But again, that's genetic, so you may or may not be happy with it.

Good luck! :)
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The skin is an amazing organ. I have lost just over 50 pounds, and I have a little bit of loose skin, but I have noticed that it is slowly tightening. I did some research on the way skin works and found that when I started to include using a loofa on my skin twice a week to slough off the old cells, and then used an inexpensive Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E, it really helped. The brand I use is called Palmer's Firming Butter and costs only $5.00 for a large bottle. I also use a bit of Scar Remedy on my stretch marks and it has made a difference. The results take time and patience. Also the skin needs time to shrink. I think the most noticeable place that has improved is the skin on my neck under the chin.

Hope that helps!
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    Someone posted this link on another topic. But I've heard from a lot of people that dry skin brushing is really, really good for your skin. I'm doing it and I love how my skin feels and I think it is helping with my excess belly skin and stretch marks. (I've given birth to 9 children, so my belly has ballooned out a lot!)

http://www.whole-body-detox-diet.com/dry-skin-brushing.html
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You won't know until you get there. Everyone is different, some people get loose skin easily and some do not. Genetics, how long you were severely overweight, age, how rapidly you lose weight, all of those things play into whether or not you will have loose skin.
  • gaylecw
    gaylecw Posts: 34
    Options
    Great post! wondering the same.......