Home Boxing Bag Circuit

Options
Hi. Just brought a Standing boxing/kicking bag. Have done boxing classes etc before, but looking for some circuit ideas, incorparting boxing, kicks and skipping and maybe ab work. Any ideas or routines you have done would be a great help.
Thanks

Replies

• withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    In my kickboxing class we do circuits for the last 20 minutes with the kicks, knee strikes, jab/cross/hook combos on heavy bags, burpees, pullups (or reverse shrugs if you're stuck at the bottom of a pullup like me), medicine ball crunches, planks, wall sits, renegade rows.. you name it. Circuits are really only limited by what you want in them and what equipment you have or don't have.

I find free standing bags a bit awkward because I feel like I am pretty much on top of the base and it makes my footwork feel awkward, so I tend to focus on kicks. One that I find particularly challenging is the switch kick, where you shift your forward foot to the back, then your formerly front foot becomes the striking leg. Keeping the power in it and keeping your shoulders squared up properly is a challenge for me. 10 in a row off each side with good power and form and that's a minute round.

You can also practice knee strikes by holding the top of the standing bag. It's not like working with a dummy where you can clasp you hands behind the neck and really power your knee into the chest, but those really get my lungs burning too.
  • spock1390
    Options
    Hi Check out this website. It might give you some ideas.

The guy is great.

http://www.fitunit.com/

Have fun
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys appreciate it. :)