Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HELP!

I had a great well balanced day food wise, was up and down moving pretty much constantly at work, squeezed in a 30 minute strength training work out….and then came dinner. I met up with my best girlfriend and well, this happened:

100MEDIA_IMAG0961.jpg
Bruchetta on toast points (I stuck to 2).
100MEDIA_IMAG0962.jpg
Greek salad (dressing served on the side).
100MEDIA_IMAG0963.jpg
Half a chicken pesto panini and half a grilled veggie melt (didn't eat all the bread).

I tried adding each individual ingredient into my diary and over estimating for fats in dressings and sandwich sauces and the meal is coming to 1,151 calories.

I've been doing really well and would hate to feel as though I ruined my healthy eating with this one delicious meal. What can I do, or how can I justify this, so that I do not feel completely guilty and gluttonous after this glorious feast? I will be on the treadmill later.

Replies

• cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    don't beat yourself over it!! everyone thinks that one bad meal will ruin their whole week and all their hard work along with it but i've done research and i don't believe that to be true if you even it out be possibly lightening up for the next day or two and step it up with the exercise!! :D
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    that looks good!
  • kimmy985
    kimmy985 Posts: 8 Member
    I agree...look more at your total over the week ...a little over on this day ...a little under that day. Everyone has an occasional splurge.
  • Thank you all! I appreciate it. I'm sort of a notorious beat-myself-up'er. Tomorrow I'll be getting up early for a nice long gym session prior to my 14 hour work day. I think that about evens it out! :P
  • synergyabc
    synergyabc Posts: 16 Member
    It seems all week when I am watching what I eat and exercising I play with the same lb.... then the weekend rolls around, I get a day of rest and eat a little more, maybe a reeses peanut butter cup or 4 and suprisingly for some reason I drop down to a new weight by a lb or two. An occational treat wont hurt, its when we do "that" on a regular basis that we start going the other way. Maybe like exercising, we want to keep our body a little mixed up to continue to see results... lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Life happens! Not every meal will be perfect. Don't beat yourself up over it!
  • That actually looks like a fairly healthy meal. I seriously doubt it was that high in calories. You made good choices and controlled your portions. Consider it a success!!! I bet it's WAY BETTER than how you used to eat. RIGHT? Right!!!

Carry on....

Smile.
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    That actually looks like a fairly healthy meal. I seriously doubt it was that high in calories. You made good choices and controlled your portions. Consider it a success!!! I bet it's WAY BETTER than how you used to eat. RIGHT? Right!!!

Carry on....

Smile.

^^^^This!!