Good way to build stamina quickly?

Options
I've been doing a ton of cardio, but I haven't worked out much in a while. I'm just starting my weight loss journey. I'm 3 weeks in and 6 pounds lighter, but I get winded so fast. Anybody have any tips for me?

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    have you tried HIIT? if not you should definitely look into it. i know when i come off bulks. out of shape, i cant run 2 feet. HIIT just seems so much easier at that point. as for stamina. that will come with time really.
  • spluta18
    spluta18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hmm... That sounds like it would work for me. Thanks!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    When it comes to running there's really only two types you should focus on : speed training and endurance training .

Speed training works by picking a set distance and aiming to beat your times . I do a 5k run and my current record is 24 mins. Speed training helps condition your muscles to withstand that exercise.

Endurance training works by simply running as far as possible without focusing on your speed. My current record is 9ks.
    Endurance training builds muscles and increases your stamina .

In alternating between the two you'll see gradual and consistent improvement. I run one speed training session once a week every Wednesday and one endurance training session once every two weeks on the Sunday.

There's mechanics behind it that focus on your body's slow-twitch and fast-twitch muscles. Martial artists do this type of training in their katas and sparring sessions respectively.