Sooo I'm new :)

Options
Hey everyone,

I just joined mfp a few days ago, I'm trying to get the hang of logging all my calories and exercise. I've never done an online support-type website, but I figured I would try it and see if it helps! I'm looking to lose 50-70lbs, I've been working out consistently five days a week for the last two and a half months (40-45 minutes of cardio a day, two days full body toning, abs five days a week). I managed to lose about 8 pounds during that time, no where near as much as I was hoping, but I've been losing a decent amount of inches so I'm hoping that means I'm just building some muscle too.

I'm looking for some support and encouragement. I'm a recent college grad, and most all of my friends want to go out to eat, or go drinking, or all of the above when it comes to getting together. I definitely need some help and encouragement to resist allllll of the bad food choices while I'm still trying to actually have a social life. :laugh: Feel free to add me! (as I'm not quite sure how to add anyone else yet) Good luck on everyone's weight loss journey!!

Replies

• thaimama
    thaimama Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with friends wanting to go out to eat and drink! I'd like to loose about the same possibly more. Have you ever tried Muay thai kickboxing or cardio kickboxing?
  • slimm1963
    Options
    Good Luck on you weight loss journey:happy:
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) congrats on the progress so far. Just keep doing what you're doing..watch your portions, keep your sodium in check and drink tons of water. one day at a time :)
  • Kalona388
    Kalona388 Posts: 82
    Options
    I've never tried it, though it sounds like it could be fun! I was in karate for a time period and always liked kickboxing inspire cardio. I'll have to look into it!
  • Kalona388
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • thaimama
    thaimama Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm not fond of stationary exercise I can't for the life of me get into walking on a treadmill, eliptical, or bike. When I had the time I was at my local MMA gym pretty much every night and sometimes in the morning. I also did private fitness. I wish I had the time to dedicate myself. Not to mention I dropped a pants size within the first three weeks.
  • Kalona388
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, it's hard to kind of take the time out of everyday, I have just been trying to make it a priority. Even when making plans with friends, I keep saying I get out of work at __ time, then I workout, so we can get together after that, and so far they've been decent about it. I figure other things can wait, getting healthy is one of the most important things you can do :)
  • crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm also 23 and deal with similar things. Sending you a friend request!
  • acrego
    acrego Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats on the weight you've already lost, and here's to getting where you want to be. :)

I can identify with wanting to go out & party, I did manage to lose weight a few years back (& re-gained & lost again a couple times since) while still continuing to drink... but it took me a YEAR to lose 20 - 25 pounds... I probably could have done it in half the time if I had been willing to give up alcohol! LOL!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    New ppl can add me if you like to .. .good luck to your journey ..
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It sounds like you are moving in the right direction. I am 10 weeks into my weight loss journey. 50 to lose. Feel free to add me, maybe I can add a little positive motivation.
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your loss already! You're definitely headed in the right direction. I'll add you!