Loose Skin

Options
So a part of me is afraid of losing weight because I have had it for so long that I might have a lot of excess skin.
I am 6'6"
My SW - 386
CW - 263
GW - 230
I do not really look like I have loose skin, but there is a fear I will once I reach my GW.
Are there any guys out there that were once in my position?

Replies

• maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    So a part of me is afraid of losing weight because I have had it for so long that I might have a lot of excess skin.
    I am 6'6"
    My SW - 386
    CW - 263
    GW - 230
    I do not really look like I have loose skin, but there is a fear I will once I reach my GW.
    Are there any guys out there that were once in my position?
    It's not quite the same situation but when I got pregnant I gained about 42lbs. I managed to not get stretch marks but I have lost about 28 lbs and my skin has tightened but I still can grab it on my belly and pull it out a few inches. Also if I bend over it hangs down. But I am convinced it will tighten up more as I lose weight. So I think it won't be as bad as u may think. Of course it's not goin to be perfect and may take some time but don't let having loose skin keep u from trying to lose weight.
  • lisaagray
    Options
    I'm afraid of that as well but time will tell and I guess I'd rather skin than fat if I had to choose!
  • OregonNativ3
    Options
    Hey bud,

I went from 300 lbs down to 168 lbs (highest weight to lowest), and currently weigh 234 lbs. We are at a similar height, I'm 6'3", I see your a big guy too. Let me talk to you about my experience.

I was quite heavy as I mentioned before. I moved to China for about a year, and in that time I became quite ill and dropped weight very quickly. I lost over 75 lbs in a matter of about 4 months. This rapid weight loss caused me to have some extra skin around my midsection. The most excess skin was on my stomach, and a little bit on my chest. My advice to you is, exercise as much as possible. Weight training will make a big difference while you are losing weight. Don't lose weight to quickly, weight train, and your chances of having loose skin is much lower.

I recently had a cosmetic surgery procedure to remove my excess skin, but I doubt it would have been necessary if I had lost weight properly and exercised during the whole ordeal.