I'M TIRED OF BEING PEPPY.

Options
It seems like everyone on here is FILLED with exclamation marks, smiles, and almost TOO zealous pep.

Not that being nice or friendly is discouraged... but there *is* a line..

Frankly, I don't know how many of these people are ACTUALLY that peppy because I know that the "good cheer" I dished out at times was just to match the good cheer of another.

Let's all just calmly have a nice conversation.

How are you?

Replies

• Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep. I think I'm using my diet, and MFP as a means to avoid the trauma of getting a divorce....but how are you miss?! (=
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    I can't sleep. I think I'm using my diet, and MFP as a means to avoid the trauma of getting a divorce....but how are you miss?! (=
    Oh boy.. you should probably address that soon ._.

I'm pretty good. Vacationing in Orlando currently :) The weather is beeeautiful. Much better than that of Canada :laugh:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

I'm pretty good. Vacationing in Orlando currently :) The weather is beeeautiful. Much better than that of Canada :laugh:

Hey, you laughed there. Stop being peppy!
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options

Omg *slaps myself*. Brb slitting wrists.
  • AlixClockHeart
    AlixClockHeart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Trust me, that's not a very pleasant thing to do.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    is this being too peppy?

peppep.jpg
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

Omg *slaps myself*. Brb slitting wrists.

Don't do that. I will miss your non peppiness.
  • spluta18
    spluta18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of being peppy too. I just want some real support that isn't meaningless optimism.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I try to be peppy and happy here, just to be supportive and excited for others' successes. Otherwise, eh. One can only be so happy when unwillingly unemployed and getting frustrated of looking/applying for months on end.
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    is this being too peppy?

peppep.jpg
    I wouldn't say so.
    EDIT: That picture did not show up before..

Tehe. Oh you.
  • Farfourah
    Options

I was born in Miami. And I've visited Orlando, the weather is crappy compared to the Bay Area in California. It's always humid in FL and it rains without warning. And I don't mean drizzles, it's full fledged thunder storms outta the blue, while I'm taking a dip in the pool. But I guess another person's crap is another person's treasure.

And why are you vacationing in the middle of March?
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm not peppy. Not in the slightest. I'm broke, struggling with immigration issues and can't think my way out of my situation.

Total pep-free zone here.
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Being peppy to other helps me feel a bit better.. except I probably seem like a freak and annoying at the least. I should probably cut back. Thanks so much for opening my eyes!! :bigsmile:

To be honest though.. everything at the moment sucks, just trying to avoid it. Doing great.
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options

I was born in Miami. And I've visited Orlando, the weather is crappy compared to the Bay Area in California. It's always humid in FL and it rains without warning. And I don't mean drizzles, it's full fledged thunder storms outta the blue, while I'm taking a dip in the pool. But I guess another person's crap is another person's treasure.

Shh don't ruin my idolistic view of my timeshare home :heart:

Because, being a Canadian high schooler, I have the luxury of two weeks of blissful break in March.
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    I try to be peppy and happy here, just to be supportive and excited for others' successes. Otherwise, eh. One can only be so happy when unwillingly unemployed and getting frustrated of looking/applying for months on end.
    Aha, no I totally get that. Pep is definitely useful when motivating. It just seemed like everyone I talked to took a few sugar pills with their cereal. A bit contrary to this topic.. stay positive :) I wish you all the best :flowerforyou:
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh and Florida.. haha rain. When I was down there for vacation a few years back it rained 4-5 times a day for 10-20 minutes and the sunny bliss again. Kinda sucked, especially when the weather man kept telling me it was not supposed to rain. :noway:
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Being peppy to other helps me feel a bit better.. except I probably seem like a freak and annoying at the least. I should probably cut back. Thanks so much for opening my eyes!! :bigsmile:

To be honest though.. everything at the moment sucks, just trying to avoid it. Doing great.
    How does being peppy make you feel better? I'm curious. Is it like how pretending to smile makes people actually happier? Aha, always glad to offer another perspective :)

Yeah.. I mean people's moods change with current life happenings obviously.. so it's normal to go through ups and downs. I don't think being peppy means being positive.. it's more like overly positive *all the time*. And about Florida - ikr!! Gosh, there was supposed to be a THUNDERSTORM yesterday, and nothing! It was a beautiful, sunny day.. smh weatherman.
  • Farfourah
    Options

Shh don't ruin my idolistic view of my timeshare home :heart:

Because, being a Canadian high schooler, I have the luxury of two weeks of blissful break in March.

I only got three days off for Spring...=(
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options

I only got three days off for Spring...=(
    :o... sucks for you, sista :3
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Rachie, you're really not very good at NOT being peppy..... I see exclamation points and emoticons in all your messages.
    Face it, you are clearly just naturally cheerful and bouncy and you can't help it!!!! :smile: