No Motivation From My Friends! Help This

Options
I'm On My second week here on MFP and i have found some pretty great friends who motivate me every time and I absolutely love it! ,but i have recently found people who added me saying i love motivating,turns out i have not gotten one motivational thing from them but they complain when something is not said to them it is tiring to me. I need some straight up dedicated friends both my age and even older for wisdom! So Please if you want to help me get motivated and stay motivated please add me and i will always help motivate you at anytime.

Replies

• Merlsification
    Options
    Best thing to do with those friends is "DELETE" :)

I'll be happy to help you get motivated, feel free to add me. :)
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    I feel the same way. I hardly request adds...it's usually people requesting me as a friend and then I add them and support them and try to comment and get to know them and they never say one word to me...I don't get it. I always just want to ask them why they ever added me in the first place?!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    I hope you don't see me as one of those non-motivating friends :( I really try to do the best I can to get to everyone. If I haven't told you lately, you are doing great and making wonderful progress! All the exercise you and everyone else does is motivating me! So keep up the awesome work!
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options
    I hope you don't see me as one of those non-motivating friends :( I really try to do the best I can to get to everyone. If I haven't told you lately, you are doing great and making wonderful progress! All the exercise you and everyone else does is motivating me! So keep up the awesome work!

No Your one of the really great friends :) Thank you for such encouragement and sticking with me through journey
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) I always motivate and encourage everyone on my list. sometimes they aren't that active or as supportive... I'll just delete them. I do "spring clean" on my list whenever I am free to log in here. But I know how you feel, i have like 100+ friends but only 20 of them are that supportive of me :)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) I always motivate and encourage everyone on my list. sometimes they aren't that active or as supportive... I'll just delete them. I do "spring clean" on my list whenever I am free to log in here. But I know how you feel, i have like 100+ friends but only 20 of them are that supportive of me :)

Carolinz is an awesome and supportive friend. As are you. Hurry up and add each other already. Jeez. You're fantastical MFP friendship awaits you!
  • queenpushycat
    Options

Carolinz is an awesome and supportive friend. As are you. Hurry up and add each other already. Jeez. You're fantastical MFP friendship awaits you!

Jamiem1102 is another rare jewel too!! :happy: You better add her!
  • JonGrandi88
    Options

I Already got Jamien1102 :) she my girl who told me all about the zombie run when i was clueless! haha
  • queenpushycat
    Options

I Already got Jamien1102 :) she my girl who told me all about the zombie run when i was clueless! haha

Hahaha... i have no idea what zombie run is either...
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try my best to respond and encourage each of my friends daily :)
  • KarenC1933
    KarenC1933 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean about friends with no motivation. I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic, and until I hurt my back I was always pretty good about keeping my weight in control. I put on weight when I couldn't walk distances or do other forms of exercise. When I was ready to get back in shape I invited my "friend" to join me in walks, stair climbs, etc. No one wanted to come,... and some people made fun of me because I wanted to exercise and get healthy. That's when I joined MFP. I've found a great support system here. You're going to meet a lot of people who only want you to succeed, and who will cheer you on with each victory. We're here for you!
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    I'm 40something & have over 100 pounds to lose. I'm game in motivating you, and vice versa. PLEASE add me as a friend!
    P.S; Great picture!
  • JonGrandi88
    Options
    P.S; Great picture!

Than You : )
  • silva525
    silva525 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up you look great so whatever ur doing must be working!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the support and motivation. Feel free to add me!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Request sent :flowerforyou:
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Delete them and keep it moving!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Gotta say this: YOU have to be your motivation. While friends on here can be supportive, they aren't eating your dinner with you, physically exercising with you, etc.
    Don't let "non motivating" friends on here be your excuse NOT to be motivated yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I delete said friends. I know I'm a great friend, expect a good friend in return x
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Michele and I'm adding you!