Again with the water

Options
I have to tell you... I was drinking 9 glasses of water a day for about 3 weeks(that's hard to do) to get rid of acne. I was on my usual calorie counting diet. I didn't drop a single pound. Once my acne was fully clear I went back to drinking 7 glasses of water a day. Two days after i went back to normal, I dropped 4 pounds! I thought that was nuts... just thought you would like to know.:drinker:

Replies

• jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I have to tell you... I was drinking 9 glasses of water a day for about 3 weeks(that's hard to do) to get rid of acne. I was on my usual calorie counting diet. I didn't drop a single pound. Once my acne was fully clear I went back to drinking 7 glasses of water a day. Two days after i went back to normal, I dropped 4 pounds! I thought that was nuts... just thought you would like to know.:drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I could graze all day, but water helps keep the hunger away for me.

Plus, since my bladder's the size of a raisin, I figure I burn some calories running to the restroom all day. :bigsmile:
  • poubre
    poubre Posts: 32
    Options
    Wow, water helps clear acne??? Did that work??

I like the calorie burning bathroom breaks, lol! I drink about 6 glasses of water a day, but most of it happens to be run through coffee grounds =D.

Philip
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    LOL...funny guys!

I think it helps me...and when I over indulge in salty foods it really helps me feel better...first it retains and then it drains LOL....but it works....

I usually drink a glass before I eat and that way I'm not eating too fast and am hydrated...if I drink after I eat I get bloated....

I'm averaging between 6 on my bad days and 8 on my good days....mostly 8! but it makes me feel better...healthier so whatever the outcome if it helps or doesn't I like it LOL

hugs and good luck!
    ali
  • amytx27
    amytx27 Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't lose anything... no matter how much water I drink. I just have to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes. I joined here a month ago. Have kept my calories below 1200, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, went from going to the gym 3-5 times a week to going 2 times a day (once on my lunch break for 30 minutes of cardio and again after work for 30 minutes of cardio plus an hour of strength training). I have not dropped ONE POUND.
    So water doesn't do anything for me. (OK, venting.. sorry)

On another note.. did you see the episode of Oprah with Dr. Oz? They did a study to see if water really does help the skin.

http://www.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070917_350_111.jhtml

In a survey for The Truth About Food, 85 percent of people think they should drink at least a half-gallon of water each day to keep their skin looking young. So they created an experiment to put that myth to the test!

Susie and Alice are twins who like to drink a lot of water. "I probably get through about at least a liter, a liter and a half of water a day, because it does make a difference to my skin," Alice says.

To determine whether water really does make a difference, researchers first measured the moisture, elasticity and oiliness of each girl's skin. Over the next week, the twins ate the same diet—except Alice drank plenty of water, and Suzie drank no water.

Dr. Oz says whether the twins drank water or not made no difference to their skin. The main reason for this, he says, is that food has water in it. "We get a lot of water already without having to go and get extra water," he says. "Now assuming you're not dehydrated—and neither of these sisters were—you won't have that problem."

Although Dr. Oz says drinking water doesn't matter to the skin, it does have other benefits. "Water's great to lose weight. It satisfies your satiety center. You don't get the urge to eat quite as much," he says. "It's got lots of benefits that go beyond its ability to affect your skin, but you don't have to force fluids to get that benefit."
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Size of a raisin. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I don't lose anything... no matter how much water I drink. I just have to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes. I joined here a month ago. Have kept my calories below 1200, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, went from going to the gym 3-5 times a week to going 2 times a day (once on my lunch break for 30 minutes of cardio and again after work for 30 minutes of cardio plus an hour of strength training). I have not dropped ONE POUND.
    So water doesn't do anything for me. (OK, venting.. sorry)

On another note.. did you see the episode of Oprah with Dr. Oz? They did a study to see if water really does help the skin.

http://www.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070917_350_111.jhtml

In a survey for The Truth About Food, 85 percent of people think they should drink at least a half-gallon of water each day to keep their skin looking young. So they created an experiment to put that myth to the test!

Susie and Alice are twins who like to drink a lot of water. "I probably get through about at least a liter, a liter and a half of water a day, because it does make a difference to my skin," Alice says.

To determine whether water really does make a difference, researchers first measured the moisture, elasticity and oiliness of each girl's skin. Over the next week, the twins ate the same diet—except Alice drank plenty of water, and Suzie drank no water.

Dr. Oz says whether the twins drank water or not made no difference to their skin. The main reason for this, he says, is that food has water in it. "We get a lot of water already without having to go and get extra water," he says. "Now assuming you're not dehydrated—and neither of these sisters were—you won't have that problem."

Although Dr. Oz says drinking water doesn't matter to the skin, it does have other benefits. "Water's great to lose weight. It satisfies your satiety center. You don't get the urge to eat quite as much," he says. "It's got lots of benefits that go beyond its ability to affect your skin, but you don't have to force fluids to get that benefit."

You might want to increase your calorie intake. You might be in "starvation mode". Read the thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9614-newbies-please-read-me
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    Wow, water helps clear acne??? Did that work??

I like the calorie burning bathroom breaks, lol! I drink about 6 glasses of water a day, but most of it happens to be run through coffee grounds =D.

Philip

yes.. it certainly does! About 9 to ten glasses of water a day and a little extra fiber flushes out the toxins that harms your skin... it's cleaning your skin from the inside out...
  • Violet1980
    Options
    lol amen to that. Though, mine would be closer to about a gallon. Long live java!