note to self on Almond Milk

Options
2»

Replies

• Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    I cannot just drink a glass of milk (almond, cows, goat's, soy, rice, etc) but I use blue diamond almond milk to make my oatmeal in the mornings or mix it in my smoothies and it's fantastic with the fruit. I live on almonds though - almonds, almond butter, almond milk. :)
  • Paco0919
    Paco0919 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the Silk Almond milk but I am fond of Blue Diamond. I accidentally got the Original Unsweetened one time, and that taste definitely takes some getting used to. I love the chocolate and the vanilla! Nom nom nom nom!
  • ejanderson
    Options
    Tree of Life Chocolate Almond Milk is the BEST!
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond makes a combination almond & coconut milk that is 60 cals/cup. I love it--not too sweet, not too bland...just right :D
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love the blue diamond Almond Milk Unsweetened ...and have it on my cereal all the time.....when it's at my store.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond makes a combination almond & coconut milk that is 60 cals/cup. I love it--not too sweet, not too bland...just right :D

^^This is my new favorite!!
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Almond Dream is my favorite!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk is my fav for shakes. Purchased Coconut Milk yesterday and going to use it in ice cream or shake.
  • missme1978
    Options
    Coconut milk in my taste is pretty good ,I have only tried the one that SILK makes but I even put it in my childrens cereal and they had no complaints. I will have to try some almond milk now.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I either use Rice or Soy Dream if I can. Rice Milk is the tastest IMO - tasty as in, there isn't much of a taste. Vanilla Silk is an aquired taste to me...I prefer Light, it's still really sweet and soybean-y to me.
  • Eranajb
    Eranajb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maybe i will try almond milk! not sure if we have it in NZ. Don't like rice, soy is very expensive. i only have it in protein shakes as i trained myself to drink my coffee black.
  • thealphabetpony
    Options
    I definitely prefer Silk as well. I tried Almond Fresh and it just wasn't the same! It's a shame that the smaller carton of almond/soy milks are the same price as the 4L jugs of regular milk though.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    For any Aussies out there... don't waste your money on Sanitarium Almond Milk - unless you are fond of sugary water.
    I haven't tried any other brands yet, but have seen one that is unsweetened so I will try that sometime.

At this point though, I'm just sticking to skim milk, though I would like to try making my own almond milk sometime.
  • jourelemode
    Options
    try making your own almond milk and coconut milk. Its sooooooo much better! Of course you'll need a high powered blender like omega, vitmix or blendtec. But once you have one of those blenders...omg, its the best thing ever!!!!

either way, almond milk is superior to cows milk. Keep on drinking that almond milk.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sadie_girl
    Options
    I've been drinking Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk for over
    a year .. I add a tablespoon of splenda to it .. Btw, it can be
    used to make homemade ice-cream and it is delicious .. I
    blend it with frozen strawberries (and splenda) for a tasty
    smoothie too!
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    Really enjoy my Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened at 40 calories a serving but also have Vanilla Silk.100 calories when I feel like something a little sweeter. Almond milk is my favorite so far. Never tried coconut milk. Being over seas the military base has a small choice of things.
  • tina860
    tina860 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've tried almost every brand of almond milk and I prefer 'So Delicious.' After reading Jillian Michael's book, Master Your Metabolism, and learning the dangers of soy based products (high phytoestrogens) I decided to make the switch. So Delicious Almond Milk is dairy AND soy free and packs 5 grams of protein per serving versus 1 gram of protein for some of the other leading brands. I have only tried the original flavor, which to me is pretty tasty and has 70 calories per serving. They also make other products such as, coconut milk, ice cream, and yogurt. You can check them out online at sodeliciousdairyfree.com
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk for over
    a year .. I add a tablespoon of splenda to it .. Btw, it can be
    used to make homemade ice-cream and it is delicious .. I
    blend it with frozen strawberries (and splenda) for a tasty
    smoothie too!
    ok we need a recipe for this please.... and cal count..... i haven't made ice cream for a while, but i make a mean frangelico, not to mention mint oreo...