Hello from the UK

Options
Hi All, my name is Jo, Im 38 and Im from the Uk.
I am really quite pleased with My Fitness Pal. Seems a fantastic idea and its FREE!! Wonderful!
Im on here to 'as everyone is' to try and lose a bit of weight... would like to lose at least a stone.
Though after putting my details in and to lose 1lb a week, I can only eat 1680 calories a day! How is this possible?!!?
I dont want to feel like Im starving myself. I am guessing its low so it encourages me to exercise more so I can eat that little bit more?? Sat at my desk at work now and Im eating grapes... thought i was doing good but 500g have 320 cals!!
This is hard! Im drinking lots of water.
Any advice or anyone wanna add me as a friend... please do!
:happy:

Replies

• huskamute
    huskamute Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Jo. Welcome. I have a lot to lose too, and i don't want to be dieting as such. Exercise seems to be the way to go. Good luck.
  • vahlkyree
    vahlkyree Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Jo!

1680 calories isn't really that bad. ;-) It can take a little time to get used to, but after a week or two you shouldn't feel hungry at the lower calorie level. Adding in exercise to increase your calorie allowance isn't a bad plan either.

Eating foods with more fiber will help keep you from feeling hungry. I've heard that eating smaller portions more often throughout the day (4-6 small meals) can help keep you from feeling like you are starving. I have a hard time doing that, so what works for me is just learning what real portion sizes look like and looking up calorie values before I eat things, so I can make better choices.

Good luck! There's plenty of supportive and helpful people on here, so it's a good place to start!
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Welcome Jo! This is a great website if you need support from people and as for the calories, I am only allowed a little more than you are but it is an adjustment. However, I know that it will be worth it in the long run and I wish you luck on your fitness quest!
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi Jo and Welcome !!

I'm in the UK as well so feel free to add me .. 1680 isn't as bad as it sounds you will be surpised how much you can eat for that amount of calories if you plan ahead a bit :-)

I'm only on 1200 and I manage it most days and don't feel hungry .. my diary is open to friends so feel free to have a look .. but you will have to excuse my PMT blip with a bag of corn chips earlier in the week I don't know quite what came over me :laugh:
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I'm in the UK also so please feel free to add me
    I've been having a bit of a birthday wobble but trying to get back on it now!
    Good luck!
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Hello Jo, I am waaaaaay in GA, but if you'd like some long distant support you may add me as well.