Turkey Day 09 Challenge!!!

Options
Ok, so this may seem a little premature. HOWEVER! Thanksgiving is in about 18 weeks.

I'm a college student, and my entire family lives in Wisconsin, while I live, work, and go to school out of state. Thanksgiving is going to be the first time I'll see my family in many months.

Thus, by the time Thanksgiving hits I want to have met my goals and look fantabulous! This will hopefully help me stay ahead of and keep off the holiday pudge (as well as show off my hot rockin' bod to certain members of my lazy, unmotivated family who haven't believed I could really do this).

So, for anyone who would like to join me....

Stats now:
Weight: 180
BMI: 28.1
Pants size: 12

My goals:
Weight: 160
BMI: 25
Pants size: 8

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeet's Do it! :drinker:

*note* if you join this challenge (as I sincerely hope you will) please, please, please do not start new threads for it, (like week 4, etc). I've been in challenges that do that, and inevitably we end up losing people who just can't find the new threads.....

Replies

• mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109
    Options
    I"m with ya!! I have a thread called Fit By Fall...and I start back to Nursing school August 31....and I'd love to weigh in at 168 by then...and I'm 191 now...if I got down to 168 by then...I could possibly reach my goal of 130 by November....but I will set a DEFINATE goal...

By Thanksgiving 2009- GW 145!!!
    Ending GW 130

So, do you want us to weigh in every week?? Or just check in??
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm so in. Knowing that I won't be able to reach my goal by my birthday on Oct. 28th this will give me an extra month. I need more push.

My starting weight:213

Current weight: 167

Goal Weight:140

We can do this. :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I heard on QVC the best time to start now is because by the holiday season comes around we are less tempted to go after the bad stuff or to quit after the season. Just thought I would share that with you.
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi:flowerforyou: I am in too! :bigsmile: Are we gonna weigh in once a week?

Stats now:
    Weight: 185
    Pants size: 10

My goals:
    Weight: 150
    Pants size: 8
  • elle77
    Options
    ...Oooopse I want my pants size a 4!lol
  • QtPiJJ
    QtPiJJ Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi:flowerforyou: I am in too! :bigsmile: Are we gonna weigh in once a week?

Hey, that sounds great to me! I'd like to weigh in on Mondays, since that keeps me motivated over the weekends... lol If you guys want to weigh in on other days, go for it!
  • QtPiJJ
    Options
    Come on folks, this is a CHALLENGE!! Are you up for it?!
  • elle77
    Options
    Ok once a week is good! :happy: My weigh in day is tuesday. I started doing it on tue b/c I wanted to weigh in before watching The Biggest Loser!lol :wink: :smile:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Tuesdays work great for me.

I have to get my @$$ in gear. I can do this
    :angry:
  • cusarahbeth
    Options
    I am in... I need to be accountable. I won't be able to meet my goal by then, but I would like to be at the half way point at least.

SW 7/10/2009 - 224
    GW 8/10/2009-204
    GW 9/10/2009 -194
    GW10/10/2009-184
    GW 11/11/2009-174

Final Goal - 160

Current weight 217.4
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    alright everyone I walked a mile today and I was within my calorie limits. Im so excited. I want to kick some butt and show my family what I really look like by turkey day.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    day two and I'm doing great I feel great. I have exercised both days and stayed within my calories both days. Im very proud of myself.
  • QtPiJJ
    Options
    LMAO. So, I went on vacation for a week, and lets just say I need to start my journey over......... :cry:
  • Tigger1968
    Options
    I would like to do this! I am new and trying to find the support! :tongue:
    I am doing good, but it seems there are always temptations out there! :laugh:
    I can win!
    My goal is by August 27th to be below 200!

Starting weight: 214
    Current weight: 208
    Pants size 15/16
    lowest weight 130
    Pants size 9/10
    Goal weight: 140

I have taken the first steps!
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! My husband and I live about 5 hours from our family and we usually make a trip home for turkey day - so it would be wonderful if I could be a smaller person by then! :happy:

Starting weight: 210
    Current weight: 204
    Pants size 14/16
    Turkey Day Goal weight: 190
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    we should do weekly challenges. :drinker:
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I know i am a week late, but I would like to join this challenge. I am in another similar challenge, but the more the merrier.
    SW:177
    Pants Size 12-14
    GW by thanksgiving:150
    Pants Size 8-10ish