Dumb Diet Question

Options
Can one day of eating bad make you actually gain weight?

I went a little crazy the other day after doing pretty good for a month, Taco Bell got the best of me, lol. It SO wasn't worth it.

Replies

• Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It depends. You would have to eat 3500 calories over your BMR. However, more than likely you didn't. :wink:
  • oohnee1
    oohnee1 Posts: 34
    Options
    lol, that why the subject line is DUMB diet questions. I figured as much.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    not really. one day of bad eating isn't what got you here so one day of bad eating isn't going to take you straight back to where you started. just pick yourself up and keep trekking. try to not let it happen again.
  • Cindy16978
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this. I have often wondered that same thing. I know deep down that I probably cannot gain back a lot of weight just by one slip, but it's good to have that confirmed.
  • bsmartt
    bsmartt Posts: 6
    Options
    My friends mom who was a triner said that it is good for you to eat a hmburger, or something not completly "healthy" once in a while, it helps boost your metabolism.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    It's not a dumb question. It's an honest question that you don't know the answer to. One day of bad eating isn't going to wreck you. You didn't get your weight problem in one day and you're not going to jeopardize the weight loss in one day. What's done is done so now continue going forward. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I think what gets some people is that you can overeat one day and next morning the scale shows a "gain" it's easy to panic, but really it's normal weight fluctuation. Best solution - don't weigh every day. (Yeah I know - easier said than done :embarassed: )