getting married !!!

Options
:smile:

Hello,

I've been a member for a while but not been too good lately and have put a few pounds back on!!

But I have a new mega goal as I am getting married in Sept next year and would really like to lose 3 stone by my birthday in Feb. I should hopefully be able to reach it if I can stick to my plan, as it works out at 1.5 Ibs a week. I would really appreciate any advice and support, or if anyone is in a similar situation and would like to be my diet buddy.. I know I have a long way to go, but I have the best inspiration ever so I really hope I can do it this time!

Replies

• BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can do it:flowerforyou: good luck
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hello back.

Congratulations on the engagement. That is one a hell of a motivator. I am engaged as well, but we don't have a date set yet (I already call him my husband though; we just haven't had the funds to make it official yet). The date should be either some time next year or early in the year after. I can get a jump start on my body so that I will look fantastic in my wedding photos. I also have another goal that I am working towards. I want to be 20 pounds lighter by my graduation day (October 25, 2009). This will make shopping for interview clothes less frustrating. I will be your diet buddy. I am glad to see that you have a pretty realistic weight loss goal set.

Good luck buddy!

BYW one piece of weight loss advice that has worked for me (for instance, today there were cookies and cake in the break room at work) anytime you are tempted by junk food immediately think of the part of your body you like the least. I think about my thighs. It works to ways for me: first, I lose my appetite when I think about my thighs and second, it reminds me that foods like that are the reason I have thighs that i hate.
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Congratulationsss!!! :heart: I use my engagement as a motivation as well, and it sure does work wonders! I plan to lose 30 lbs by my birthday which is also in Feb! :-)

Congrats again and best of luck to ya! :drinker:

Anita
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Oooh yay!! Weddings are fun and so is being married. You can do this. You have plenty of time. Just remember that stress can hinder weight loss, so take it easy and enjoy planning for the wedding! You'll look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • ElizaD
    ElizaD Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your lovely comments and words of support. I feel really inspired now. I have exactly 14 months today until my wedding day, so hopefully I will have transformed my body shape by then and look fab.

Good luck with your own goals too :smile:

How do I add you as a buddy Belldandy?

Thanks everyone x

179295.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter