Swimming here I come!

Not sure how many people will understand this, but I bought a swimsuit about 4 years ago because it was on sale. It's sat on top of my dresser as one of my 'benchmark - I'll get there some day' things. I haven't so much as touched them (except to occasionally knock the dust off) that entire time. I've been scared stupid because they only fasten with velcro. When I last tried them on the velcro barely touched and when I even took a breath out it was rip-drop time. On a whim I actually put them on today..... not ONLY did the velcro fasten PERFECTLY... I was ALSO able to move around, breath heavy and even did SQUATS in them and they STAYED FASTENED!!!!!!!!!

I cannot WAIT to go to the pool! Man alive... leg's finally healed for the first time in 4 years, swimming suit fits, I can go without a shirt without feeling like a beached whale or being dead of embarrassment... yes this is going to be a watery summer!

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    That's fantastic....congrats.

I've started swimming, as a dodgy knee impairs high impact cardio like running, and I love it! :smile:
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    That's an awesome NSV!

I'm sure you'll be destroying the pool in no time. That was always my issue with going was having to take my top off. I still almost feel that way now even though I've lost 9 stone. I probably look better than most of the people there but not in my head!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    That is so awesome! I am going swimming this summer too! I am not quite ready for my close up in my new swimsuit, but I will be in a few weeks! Here's to watery success!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Excellent! I'm so glad you're able to feel confident! You're doing an amazing job! :)
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    Nice!! I throw my kids in the pool all the time, but never actually do much of it myself... maybe this will be the year for me, too. :drinker:
  • What an awesome feeling - you rock!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    aww that's amazing and I'll sappily admit made me a bit teary. Good for you!
  • mikeecus
    mikeecus Posts: 7
    Just be careful with that velcro bro-ski!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!