Farmer's Market

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
Do you get your fruits and veggies at a farmer's market? I am going for the first time tomorrow. What kinds of prices should I expect? I'm excited to get lots of veggies for hopefully cheaper than the supermarket. Plus, I'm happy to help locals.

Replies

• bj2007
    bj2007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can't guarantee prices are less but they seem like it and basically---everything tastes so such better! Enjoy!!!:smile:
  • lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i get all my veggies and fruit from a farmers market, and there wayyyy cheaper then a supermarket.... everytime i go i end up spending 30 bucks for a shopping cart full to the top with bags. depending on how much your giong to get. have fun!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I usually get all my fruits and veggies (besides the ones I already grow) from the farmers market. I also agree that they taste so much better than grocery bought fruits and veggies.:smile: The place I live by has much cheaper prices. I love going there!:smooched: Have fun!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back. We also went blueberry picking...there are SO many berry farms in our area. Here's what we got with $27...

2 very large zucchinis
    4 summer squash
    3 eggplants
    1 lb green beans
    12 ears corn
    3 green peppers
    1 dozen brown eggs
    about 5 pounds blueberries

I just looked up some new recipes to try. :love:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I buy ALL my fruits and veggies at the local veggie stand/outdoor market. In addition, he many sells home made and imported/exotic products that I love. The prices I've found are about 20-25% cheaper than the grocery store and are much, MUCH fresher, tastier, and riper. Oh and his variety is utterly astounding. I'm constantly finding new foods to try out!