Poor-girl's strength training at home?

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
Two 40 pound boxes of kitty litter, one inch dowel... makeshift 80 pound barbell. :laugh:

IMG_3836.jpg

And Pippin just loves weaseling into all my photos.

Replies

• lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    very ingenious i must say! i was just thinking the opther day what i could use as a weight on my non-gym days...and now ive come up with the solution of my textbooks! haha :wink:
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    NICE!!! I love it :-)
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Lol!!! We use the same kitty litter. Does the dowel actually hold that weight?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    This is kitty approuved :)
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    I was just wondering how I can do more exercises at home.... guess I just need to get more creative. :laugh:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i LOVE this. hahaha. um. i wonder what else i can make a barbell out of...since i don't have cats, heavy duty detergent, or anything that bulky....
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i LOVE this. hahaha. um. i wonder what else i can make a barbell out of...since i don't have cats, heavy duty detergent, or anything that bulky....

One gallon milk jugs?
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options

You could use two bags (plastic grocery bags should work) and fill them with anything you have around, like canned goods or bottles of water. As long as you put the same amount in both bags, it should make a good barbell.
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    haha love this. When I was traveling, I used canned veggies as hand weights. Worked great!
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The big boxes of Tide?
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love it! Love the cat!!
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hahahaha genius.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Consider TRX suspension system if you want to add more strength training. But gotta say I like the barbell..........

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    A Girls gotta do what a Girls gotta do... What can I say pure genius!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    But with 7 cats and 6 litterboxes... it won't last long. :laugh:
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Can you actually use that with the cat?

One of my cats thinks that exercise mats are the best cuddle area ever. If I get one out for pushups, situps, etc he is all over me for cuddles and pets.

Some other exercises like kettle bell swings I have to be really careful because he will hang out around my legs and I'm so afraid of smacking him...
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Pippin is a "big help" when I'm doing planks. He walks under me... If I don't hold it, I'll crush him.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Now thats what I call getting it done by all mean necessary.
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    great idea! btw.. My cat flower looks just like your cat, only Flower has a white stripe down her nose. lol :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    haha, my son (5) said, "Is that an obstacle course?" I told him you were using it for weightlifting and he said, "that's funny!" I love the idea!