Success?

Options
mary190136
mary190136 Posts: 44 Member
My coworkers are all eating donuts, and trying to get me to have some too. I'm declining. I'm considering this a huge success.

Replies

• redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It is! Enjoy the victory! There is a world of people out there who want you to overeat - - restaurants, food companies, co-workers - -all for their own reasons. Getting in the habit of saying no to those folks is a huge deal.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Very big success. If your like me it is hard to turn down sweets. We have red velvet cupcakes in the office today and so far I have been able to control myself.
  • lucky_74
    lucky_74 Posts: 30
    Options
    That is a success!! Way to go. Sounds like you are making healthy choices!
  • holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thats great good job, sweets in the office are always something I must turn down.
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Some people are intimidated by strength and determination. They like to see people fail to make themselves feel better about thier lack of strenth, determination and failures. Keep up the GREAT self control and inner strength. It is SUCCESS!!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    High five!!!~great for you....
  • angelajo01
    Options
    Nice motivation!! Keep it up :)
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    yes I don't know if I would be that strong, I'd totally consider it a GREAT success!
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Major victory - way to go!:flowerforyou:
  • micheleGAgirl
    Options
    YAY!!!!! that is the hardest thing for me too. I work at a college and our culinary students are baking this semester, and then they bring the goodies to the office for us to sample. I see them coming and i will slip out the back door and go for a walk around campus for a while...URGH TEMPTATIONS!!!!!!!!!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    declining the doughnut is a success that will reflect in much grander success as your body thanks you with weight loss and feeling good!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have a good friend who is an inspiration to me - she weighed 260 on her wedding day, and is now at 175. One of my favorite quotes from her is:

"Staying on track and saying 'no' to foods IS the reward!"

Donuts are not a reward or a treat. Staying on track and moving toward your goal is the reward and the treat!

:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!