Beach Body Challenge 4/8??

ToTheLove
ToTheLove Posts: 357
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
I don't see a post already started for this and I don't want to step on anyones toes, so let me know if i am!

How's everyone doing today?

Yesterday ... I had an amazing workout. As some of you know, I had some family issues that surfaced yesterday and I really took my anger out at the gym.

I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and burned a record 408 calories on it. I really pushed myself to the limits on that one. I was very proud.

I've really felt duped when it comes to my workouts since I can't jog and I just, mentally, cannot handle going more than a half hour on the elliptical. Well my left leg feels like it's pretty well healed so I took my chances with walking yesterday, I walked at 4.0 mph and increased my incline periodically and got a really good workout on the treadmill with no pain! Which is great, because a week ago, even just incline hurt. I'm hoping my legs are finally on the mend and in a couple of weeks I can get back to jogging. All in all I burned 658 Calories last night and I'm very proud of myself!

Tonight I'm going try again to get to the spinning class I so despirately want to try as well as attempting another 35 minute elliptical session. I'm very excited!

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    I don't see a post already started for this and I don't want to step on anyones toes, so let me know if i am!

How's everyone doing today?

Yesterday ... I had an amazing workout. As some of you know, I had some family issues that surfaced yesterday and I really took my anger out at the gym.

I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and burned a record 408 calories on it. I really pushed myself to the limits on that one. I was very proud.

I've really felt duped when it comes to my workouts since I can't jog and I just, mentally, cannot handle going more than a half hour on the elliptical. Well my left leg feels like it's pretty well healed so I took my chances with walking yesterday, I walked at 4.0 mph and increased my incline periodically and got a really good workout on the treadmill with no pain! Which is great, because a week ago, even just incline hurt. I'm hoping my legs are finally on the mend and in a couple of weeks I can get back to jogging. All in all I burned 658 Calories last night and I'm very proud of myself!

Tonight I'm going try again to get to the spinning class I so despirately want to try as well as attempting another 35 minute elliptical session. I'm very excited!
  • I didn't see a post either. Good job on your workout yesterday TOTHELOVE! Exercise always helps me keep my mind off of things. I did 30 min. of wogging (some walking and jogging) and bicycling for 20 min.

Is today our weigh in day?
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    I started the thread yesterday, Im 8 hours ahead of the east coast so i had my weigh in done well before most in the states were up.

seems like most didnt check in but im not really sure how these things work either.

I have started running again (treadmill any way) 5 min ea warm up and cool down 20 mins at 5% incline @ 10min mile pace with 1 min sprints at 8min mile pace for 5 of the last 10 mins. pretty good work out. I also am doing some new shoulder streches/exercises to get my rotator cuff back in shape. this week im doing 3 days weights and 2 days cardio maybe next as well depends on how my sore shoulder feels.

604 cals burned but seems i blew my cals by a couple hundred for the day. don't know how im pretty regulated on what and when i eat.

I'll do better tomorrow.

Tim
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    I have lost a pound so far. This week was really hard for me too. My honey planned a trip to the beach not thinking about my diet and he had pizza and ice cream and tons of crap. Oh well what is one day!

Today is a better day!

Good luck everyone keep going!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I weighed in on the weekend and havn't lost anything since last time........... but I had an excellent workout last night so thats good
  • It was my understanding that we would check in on every Wednesday, but maybe I misunderstood...no, I just checked and we posted last Wednesday so I think it would be best to keep it to that day. Hopefully everyone will check in tomorrow!
  • Wow, I can't even imagine exercising off all those calories! Congratulations. I am lucky if I just get in some Pilates and some brisk walking, but can never get to the gym. I'm incredibly jealous. Anyway, I have been pretty good, but haven't weighed myself. Am waiting until the weigh in day tomorrow to check since I was not the best girl over the weekend.:yawn:

I have a big party to go to Saturday night, and am hoping that I don't do anything stupid. I plan on dancing the night away, so that if I happen to eat a little too much, at least I can burn it back off again. Now I just need to find some comfy shoes!!!!
This discussion has been closed.