What size are you??

Options
I know that everyones body types are different but, I am wondering at what weight you would wear a size 16 and 18 in clothes. I started at 249 wearing a tight 24w. Then I dropped 20 pounds and went to a 22. Now I am 210 and can wear a 20. The reason I ask this is that I would like to be down to 180 when I go on a cruise in Nov, but need to buy clothes now while there are summer clothes in the stores for my trip. I can't wait until October to buy a swimsuit and shorts. I wonder if I go out and buy a 16 will it fit a 180 pound woman. Any ideas!!

Replies

• jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    well im 205 i wear a 14 - 16 in pants (comfterble - kind of lose)
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    You're talking about pants, right? You're right, every body is different. I currently weigh 225 and wear a size 17 pant. I'm not sure if that is normal or not though. My biggest problem is my bird wings :laugh: It's hard to find shirts :(
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am 178, and wear a size 12 pant and a Large shirt. I do have a DD bustline however, so i probably would wear a M if not for that. I am 5'7". I wear a size L or XL bikini. Hope this helps!
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i am 207 and wear 14-16
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Well I"m 173 and my 16 pants are still tight! But I wear a medium shirt. I got the booty. Then my other friend was 177 and in 14 tight
  • zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks for all the info. Although now I am more confused because I weigh 210 and am still in a 20 and some seem to be in a 14 already. I guess everybody is different. I have had kids, so I have the saggy belly! LOL
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Maybe buy shorts with the elastic waist band. And maybe find clothes that range small medium and large. I would guess 180 could put you in a large. I couldn't see a small.

Why don't you go to Goodwill. That is where I buy all my clothes they are very cheap and if you get the wrong size it will not kill you if you buy too small. You can use the clothes later when you get thinner. Good will sells summer clothes all year long.
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    I'm 184 pounds and in strores like Eclipse, Bluenotes & Urban planet I am a size 12 pants and size L or XL shirt... when I started I was 242 pounds, a tight size 34 (I think that would be a 16) and was in XXL or more shirts.
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I am only 5" 2" tall, and currently weight 219. I am now fitting in size 18s, not size 18Ws thank the lord. But you have to take height into consideration when you are asking us, because if I were a lot taller, I might be in a smaller size. Buy discount, and consider buying two sizes, because you will eventually fit the smaller size.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I was 200 pounds I was wearing a 16 - 18. I am 5'6". Now I am 147.5 and wear a size 8 most of the time. I think this is because I have toned in most spots.

I would suggest maybe taking your measurements, I realize that you will still be losing weight but by tracking your measurements for a little with you maybe able to have a more realistic idea.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Seems like I'm not in the same weight range, but depending on the brand, I'm usually a size 8 and I weigh 144 pounds. I have size 13's all the way down to size 4's in my closet thanks to a lack of consistency in sizes at stores :noway:
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hey I weigh 240 lbs and I am a size 18.I am big boned and I dont look like 240 lbs.Everyone is different like you said.My measurments for my waist is 41 and my hips are 50.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and currently weigh 189. I've been wearing size 16 pants and just back into X-large tops. Consider your shape...are you an apple (most of your weight is carried around the middle) or an pear (smaller on top with wider hips).? At 195-200, I wore 16w and a 1X. Not to confuse you more but different brands play an important part. Gloria Vanderbuilt shorts/pants run just a tad smaller whereas Liz Clairborne run bigger at size 16. We took a cruise to Mexico Oct. 2007. I wore "peasant skirts" and was very comfortable. Have fun!
  • zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    Hey I weigh 240 lbs and I am a size 18.I am big boned and I dont look like 240 lbs.Everyone is different like you said.My measurments for my waist is 41 and my hips are 50.

Thanks for giving me your measurements. My waist is 42 and my hips are 52 so that is why a 20 is still more comfy. I guess I will plan on being a 16 by the cruise and hope for the best. I will probably be a 20 when I get home. Hope not!!
  • Jaime2159
    Jaime2159 Posts: 4
    Options
    i'm kinda short, but weigh 173 and am in a size 14 comfortably. When i was 180 it was size 16 and at 200 I was in an 18. Good luck and have fun on the cruise!
  • hopeforhopeless
    Options
    I'm a size 14/16 and I'm 228 lbs, I'm 5'6'' so I'm pretty short, too.
    I think a lot has to do with bone structure and density.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and when I started my lifestyle change I was 180 pounds. I was wearing a size 18W. I think it depends on where you buy your clothes at. I shop at WalMart because I'm poor. :ohwell:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", weigh 178ish, and currently wear about a 14 or 16. I have had three kids (c-sections), so I also have the saggy belly.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 289 and a size 20/22 in jeans. Cindy:heart:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    236 and I wear and 18-20. At 180 I wore a 12-14. I'm 5'6.