New here - the only male?

Options
Hey all.

Just really getting into the flow of things. I go on mostly with my phone but it'd be nice to make a few friends to keep me motivated or for when I need some advice. About 6'1 and 270-275 pounds right now and hoping to bring that number down to around 230 and see how I look.

Definitely have a big build so I can never be tiny, but I would just like to look healthy and not feel weird at the beach especially since I live near the shore. My girlfriend is doing this with me too which makes it alot easier, especially since we live together.

I pair this with the endomondo app to keep track of my speed, time, and distance spent walking/jogging.

This is going to be a shock to my system. I spent the last 15 years being closed minded about food and eating food that came from a window nearly daily. Lets see what happens when I do a 180 and eat healthy AND exercise.

3 days down and every day Ive been 300+ calories under my daily goal and each day ive walked 2+ miles.

WE CAN DO THISSS

Replies

• Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • frogman4591
    frogman4591 Posts: 135
    Options
    Hello
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you here! Good luck to you and your girl!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    not the only male... my MFP list is like 97% males and only couple women(their there only because they actually put something in the friend request that i could help or be of use with lol) so add up! ull find lots of guys on here! the only down fall is guys are not as active as girls on MFP(as in dont logg in 100 times a day)
  • mikeod2712
    mikeod2712 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    welcome sounds like your doing good so far
  • student37
    student37 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Good luck with your goals. I have found it is really hard without support from someplace.
  • KayBe87
    KayBe87 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ah nice you all came out of the woodworks lol.

Im on the app all day on my phone...pretty much logging each thing that I eat immediately after I eat it.

I'm so psyched to get myself together that its kinda like a game adding it all up and keeping under my numbers.
  • tina01tn
    tina01tn Posts: 12
    Options
    welcome and good luck to the both of you. I also wanted to say that I find this app very helpful.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    not the only male... my MFP list is like 97% males and only couple women(their there only because they actually put something in the friend request that i could help or be of use with lol) so add up! ull find lots of guys on here! the only down fall is guys are not as active as girls on MFP(as in dont logg in 100 times a day)

unless its a slow day at work lol
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • TerryJStroud
    TerryJStroud Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Glad you're on here dude!! Feel free to add me if you'd like! I definitely need some encouragement as well. Haven't added many dudes as of yet, and definitely should start. Especially since I'm going to be figuring out how to do strength training from home in a few weeks here.

If you need any motivation or anything, be sure to add me! I'd love to help!!
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Lathare06
    Lathare06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fellow dude here, I'm also new to the site and the app. So far so good!

Feel free to add me, same goes for everyone in this thread. I figure more friends on here just means that many more sources of motivation!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    <---another guy on here. My wife has been part of this journey with me and that has made a world of difference for both of us. Glad to have you!
  • ladyfingers39
    Options

Are you saying women log in a 100 times a day???? Are you stereotyping us women??? I'm shocked....and a little hurt.

;) :P

Welcome to the board, there are plenty of men here. Good luck on your journey. :)
  • daveypoo
    daveypoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm the same hight and was the same weight. I'm now below 230 and look better but I still want to drop another 40 to 50.

Having someone to do this with helps. My wife and I did this together too and he made a huge difference. And she's ALMOST at her goal weight.

Keep it up, you'll do great!
  • legittuszynski
    Options
    Dude here. New as well. Gonna throw down on this fat! :)
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    great job ! now instead of a window your food will come from a refridgerated showcase,produce showcase and the dairy fridge. your body will thank you all day long. before i would've loved to eat out for every meal (wallet held me back) but now we rarely go out and if we do i figure out what i am having and what that will use up on my diary. i love MFP it and everyone else on here keeps me motivated and helps keep me in check.
    welcome and good luck to you in your journey
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There are a few dudes here and there.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new as well I just started yesterday. I am 6' 365 lbs. I would like to ultimately be down to 225. I would a like to get in shape so I can run a half marathon. I did one 10 years ago and it was a wonderful experience. I am starting of with the beginners 5k training guide on www.halhigdon.com. I want to eat according to the guidelines in Joel Fuhrmann's Eat to Live book. I've been doing the weight training according to the 5 Factor Diet book by Harley Pasternak. As you see I like to pick and choose and see what works best for me. I would like to have some friends to help me stay accountable to reach my goals and hopefully I can be an encouragement to other people as well.