• almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant!!
  • ajl93
    ajl93 Posts: 22
    Options
    HAHAHA THATS SO INVENTIVE........
    another good exercise to strengthen you shoulders is to get 2 text books and put them shoulder width apart, then go place you hands in-between the books and go into push up position....then lift your right hand and place it on the textbook on your right and do the same with your left hand. then take you right hand and put it back in-between the books and do that with your left hand....its kinda like walking yon ur hands....not sure that makes sense but i hope it does.....you don't have to use books just something in the same shape as a text book and not to thick because it is difficult
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Pippin is a "big help" when I'm doing planks. He walks under me... If I don't hold it, I'll crush him.

This sounds like something my mini yorkie would do...Or my child...
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    reminds of when i was a teenager and went to a friends. he had a makeshift weight set up in his basement with a metal bar and cinder blocks. on my first rep the block slid and pinned hand to the bar. LOL
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I love it, keep it up girl!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    other options - you can throw some bags of dried beans or rice into an old backpak - to make a weighted bag.

This is useful for squats, and lunges, and Bodyrock.tv type HIIT workouts.

Zuanne uses roughly 30-40 pounds for her sandbag, to give you a rough range to aim for. (she has a high speed circuit program)

People use old "walker bars" for dip stations, I used to just use a chair or my weight lifting bench
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    don't want to be there when you push press that baby and the handles snap off! But cute idea!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for the idea! Ill
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Love it! :)
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Lol, love it Lorina! Get it guuuurl! :wink:
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    great idea!
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of what we did overseas except over there we used a metal bar and some concrete buckets.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Now if I only have a cat. LOL.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I wonder if I can use this as a ploy to get more people to adopt cats... :wink:
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    But how much did that kitty litter set ya back?lol