do you girls gain/not lose at your time of month?

Options
hey girls,
just wondering if any of you gain or do not loose around your time of the month?

also if the life style change has messed up your usual monthly timings at all?

I was due on about 1/2 weeks ago- when I really got into this and started hard at the gym (and there is noooo chance I'm preggo) but also haven't lost any weight yet so wondered if that might be it!?

Thanks ladies :)

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I always gain right before/during, then it drops off by 2-3lbs if I have kept my eating under any control whatsoever.
    That time of the month is a really good time to stay off the scale!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    you can retain water around time of the month, some people see up to a 7lb fluctation on the scales
  • nemsmom
    nemsmom Posts: 48
    Options
    I tend to gain about two pounds for that week :( but it comes right back off when I'm done.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I gain about 5-8 pounds everytime but if I make sure to get in a couple of short cardio sessions and some ST and dont skimp on my water- the gain leaves right away and usually takes a pound with! (cause your BMR spikes when you are chasing the cotton mouse, and you burn more just sitting there breathing- or at least thats what happens with me)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I gain between 3-7 pounds every month.
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I seem to have got worse and it really upset me once lol. I got over it though. I used to stay the same or put on 1-2 pounds but lately I have been anythin up to 7lbs heavier, that was depressing!
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    About a 5-6lb gain every time. :cry:

In fact as mine are unpredictable, the scales can tell me when it's going to be.

Also I gain about 3-4lbs during ovulation. It does come off again when it's done, but I can actually only measure my weight accurately 2 weeks or so of every month.

I stay off the scales during that time if possible. It's disheartening even when you know the reason, and I don't need the extra excuse to eat chocolate at that point!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I gain about 3-6 lbs for the week but afterwards it's back to normal
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 3-5lbs during TOM. It's riDONKulous... and always a shock when I hop on the scale and forget that my period is coming... Hah. It usually drops right back off the day I finish.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I gain about 5-8 pounds everytime but if I make sure to get in a couple of short cardio sessions and some ST and dont skimp on my water- the gain leaves right away and usually takes a pound with! (cause your BMR spikes when you are chasing the cotton mouse, and you burn more just sitting there breathing- or at least thats what happens with me)

^^This^^
    Same for me as well.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Im always at my lowest two days in! Then i will go back up a few lbs for a few weeks! Idk why! But its fine with me!
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options

ditto
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    sorry to hijack a bit but im in the middle of this sour pickle at the current, I am up three pounds but by the sounds of this thread thoose 3 wil go away again ? i have been loosing about a pound every 4-5 days ( give or take a bit) due to some pretty good but drastic life changes ..... so will i go back to the weight i was or do you suspect that i will have lost a bit more ? .... the red tide was 4 days late too wich i aslso suspect is related
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    sorry to hijack a bit but im in the middle of this sour pickle at the current, I am up three pounds but by the sounds of this thread thoose 3 wil go away again ? i have been loosing about a pound every 4-5 days ( give or take a bit) due to some pretty good but drastic life changes ..... so will i go back to the weight i was or do you suspect that i will have lost a bit more ? .... the red tide was 4 days late too wich i aslso suspect is related

Yes, that weight should go away. Drink plenty of water, cut down on salty foods, and just try to maintain your weight and you should see it drop off around the end. You may lose a bit more if you are exercising and eating really well but I'd expect to at least go back to "normal".
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I gain. Not always weight, but I water retain really badly.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options

^^This^^
    Same for me as well.

You definitely burn more exercising then too.
  • sailorsaturn
    Options
    i always gain.
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options

ditto

ditto for me too :-)
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Nope. I lose like 10 lbs the week of my period. Except when I eat a whole bag of white chocolate chips... or make cookies.