Take a look at my diary............Please tell me what exact

Options

Replies

• almaster666
    almaster666 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your vegetable and fruit intake is low.
    Try replacing your protein bar snacks with fruits. Fructose is sugar but it is much healthier than the dextrose other bad sugars they have in protein bars and shakes.
    I eat a lot of bananas because they make me feel full and are relatively low cal. A good breakfast, for example is a cup of greek yogurt and a banana, a couple strawberries and a bit of granola.
    Veggies will also bring you additional fiber which helps your digestive system.

Eat more lean protein (especially fish!) and more green veggies. You'll feel full, get the benefits of additional, natural vitamins and probably save a buck or two compared to the processed foods.

Also; drink a lot of water.
  • alliover
    alliover Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking any water?? You haven't logged any in your food diary. Just my opinion but after looking at your food diary I think you should up your calorie intake to 1400 per day and track your sodium. You might also want to try upping your carbs and lowering your protein for a day or two. It might kick start your body into losing weight again. Hope this helps :)
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't cook with oils ............all of my food (turkey burgers, chicken, etc) is all grilled on a George Foreman grill

Try adding healthy fats.... not all oils are bad. I LOVE cooking my eggs and stir fry with unrefined coconut oil
    I use Yogurt dressing which is low in calories, fat and sugars.

Again, you need fat. Healthy fats will help you LOSE fat. Avocados are great for this!

With as active as it sounds like you are, I would rely more on measurements than the scale. :) Hope you find an answer, best of luck!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comments that your food intake is very artificial with very little 'real' food. I'm not on any special paleo diet or whatever, but I eat lots of veggies, seeds and grains - basically everything. Also, you don't have a lot of weight to lose and I know I ate lots more than you and I had no problem losing those last few pounds. It seems your only exercise is Zumba. Have you tried any strength training? I mix my routines up. Walking, lifting, high cardio, kettle bells, step aerobics, biking....all different kinds of workouts but I don't strain or over-train.

Friend me if you like, my diary is open to friends.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    My suggestion. Eat about 1800 calories a day. Then bust your *kitten* lifting some heavy weights BEFORE any cardio. Most here are addressing food, I'll address the exercise. Change your intensity and make your workouts HARDER. Again lift some serious heavy weights for yourself ( 8 reps max and with weight that challenges you on this on any exercise) and do it at least 3 times a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Listen to this man! Also, for weight loss it doesn't matter if you eat clean or not. Everyone follows the laws of thermodynamics. Your calories in must be less than your calories out. I lose weight (and, even more importantly, body fat) and I eat ice cream and candy. In moderation. As long as you use common sense when you eat, you will be fine. If you don't have a food scale, get one. You know your calories out pretty accurately, now you need to figure out what you're actually taking in.
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    Yes I do drink water................lots of water. Sodium is tracked on my phone where I log most of my food, it doesn't show up here though. I don't normally go over the recommended sodium intake. Last week my only exercise was Zumba, because I was taking a recovery week from the other activities I was doing. (I had been sick and wasnt getting better because I wasn't letting my body rest). I am starting my weight lifting/toning activities back today. I also teach 1 class of Zumba Toning which is lots of toning routines (squats, arm toning, lunges, etc). I also teach another class that is strictly toning and weights and we use a stability ball. That was tracked this week.

Some people have said I should eat less protein I don't agree with that, active people are supposed to eat 1 gram of protein per body weight. If anything I probably need to up my protein. I know all the recommedations, I am a cetified personal trainer, I just have problems realistically following them. As for heavy weight lifting I dont lift heavy because of a previous injury from a car accident (neck), the heaviest db's I am using right now are 15lbs and I am seeing toning with that. But I will up them soon, I started out with 3 lbs last June and have slowly progressed to 15 lbs. I feel this is the safest way to avoid injury.

Thanks for the suggestions, I went to Fresh Market and got nut mixes, granola bites, orange, strawberries, blueberries, brocolli and will b going grocery shopping later to get some meat items.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of fat! You said that you don't cook any of your meat in fat and you steam your veggies, but some coconut oil or grassfed butter might be just what your body needs. We need fats for many bodily functions.

I have seen great results from cutting out the wheat. My belly is going away (see pics on my profile) and my gut feels much happier. Feel free to friend me or take a look at my diary!!
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't cook with oils ............all of my food (turkey burgers, chicken, etc) is all grilled on a George Foreman grill. I don't drink beverages with calories. Vegetables are steamed in a steamer and I measure those out into one cup servings, I measure salad dressing also..........I use Yogurt dressing which is low in calories, fat and sugars.

I know it sounds counterintuitive, but your body needs fat to burn fat. I recommend you start using 1-2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil, or (my go to) extra virgin coconut oil.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces per day.

The benefits of water are numerous, well-hydrated body helps your muscles and organs to work quickly and efficiently. When your body is working well, it will boost your metabolic rate and help you to feel more energetic. Water can help your metabolism burn calories 3% faster. Metabolism plays a big role in losing weight so it’s important to give your body what it needs in order for it to work the way you want.
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    If your boddybugg is telling you that your daily calorie requirements are 2000+, your MFP calorie goal of 1290 seems way too low,

A healthy loss is achieved by subtracting 15-20% from your TDEE.

This. You should never eat lower than your BMR. Eat between BMR and TDEE to lose weight. And eat whole foods instead of bars and powders. I think we get on these boards and read all about how we need more protein and so we all start buying these supplements to be the "healthy" athletes we see eating them in advertisements. I've done it myself. All I have for supplements now is a scoop of protein powder after a hard weightlifting workout. No more bars. I also take a daily multivitamin and extra calcium and vitamin D.

My most recent change is trying to cut out as much grain/bread/pasta/sugar (it's in ALL packaged foods, "healthy" or not)/flour/salt as I can. Upping the good fats, protein in the form of MEAT, and veggies (and a LITTLE bit of fruit). It's only been a few days and I feel soooo much better, physically and mentally (I get major ups and downs on carbs. I've just begun to realize that it was my food and not so much hormones or "depression").
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Glad to know you got some fruits and veggies. Also, Have you been rechecked for your food allergies. odd food allergies can go away when you have been healthy for a while. Some food allergies are caused by other things we do in excess like. Eating lots of saturated fats can make eating high insoluble fibers really uncomfortable tummy and rear wise.
    next time you go to your DR ask to be reevaluated for allergies.
    Options
    No I haven't bee reevaluated for my allergies, but I have had reactions within the past year. Kiwis actually make my tongue swell and watermelon makes my throat itch and swell so I am not going to chance that again any time soon. I haven't eaten eggs in about 18 years. I can eat them if they are cooked into a cake or somethign of that nature, but the last time I ate one I had a really bad gastric reaction and I don't want to chance that one either. I can eat egg substitute and it doesn't bother me so I think I will just stick with that. I had a high reaction to eggs on the allergy test the last time I was tested. I also have to take Zyrtec and Singulair daily for allergies and asthma. I know that food sometimes effect my asthma/allergies as well. I am actually allergic to chicken, chocolate and lettuce, thankfully it isn't high enough to cause a reaction!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Oh my! well then so much for that Idea.
    Options
    Ok so I upped my calories, and have been watching all my macro nutrients. I've been really religious about it for two weeks.......yday was however somewhat of a bad day........did have a little impulse eating at church ( a piece of pizza). I'm still not losing weight and have actually gained 1.5 pounds. Is this normal and will the weight start dropping soon. Anyone else have any experience with this. Still feeling frustrated.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Completely normal. Eat at the higher amount for at least a month. I looked at your diary and you're still eating a lower number. Are you actually eating 500 less than what your BMF tells you? I eat between 1600-1800, do no cardio only lift heavy, and I'm only 5'4" 130-135 lbs. Why did you get a BMF if you're disregarding what it tells you?

I'm also going to reiterate, get a food scale.
    Options
    I do measure everything. If it something like soup, broccoli, or other veggies I measure out into one cup portions. I cook my veggies once a week and measure out, I put some of them in the fridge and some in the freezer. i also measure out meats into appropriate serving size. I just have a hard time eating more than 1400 to 1500 calories a day........i eat every 2 to 3 hours. As far as cardio goes I am a fitness instructor so that is why I have do so much cardio, I fit strength training in when I can. I also work a full time job (elementary teacher), so I can't completely push my body til I am so tired that I can't function and it has happened. That was why I slacked off a bit with my strength training. I am starting to add running back in now that it is warmer, and will have more time for strength training when we get out of school in 36 days (wohoo I can't wait)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents....change up your exercise. Your body is USED to teaching now. I follow Richard Simmons on FB & he still does his own workout in addition to class.
    Options
    I do my own workouts in addition to class. I strength train at least 2 to 3 times a week (at least I try) and I run. I doubt my body gets used to my routines because I change up songs very often. I add in toning songs as well as cardio. I never burn the same amount of calories during class. I also run. One of my participants has lost 80 pounds and another 50 so I feel like I am giving a butt kicking class, but it just stinks that I can't lose along with them..................grrrrrrrrrr!!!
    Options
    Update..........thank you for all the replies.........I have dropped 4 pounds in 3 weeks, in that time period I have only had two protein bars........I do not miss them. I ate the two yesterday and felt like crap all day!!! I have been eating "real food" for breakfast and have been using the Body By Vi shakes only for snacks. I still am not eating a high amount of calories, but I am losing. I am reading the Petite Advantage Diet ( I am only 4 '11). I disagree with most of the book, but I like the menues and that has helped me eat much better :0)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that things are getting better for you. This sounds very promising.