Well, it's over

Options
digitalbill
digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
Three months ago, the VA put me on the MOVE program.
My goal was to drop from 250 to 220. I made it to 236.
Kinda sucks...

Replies

• kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You should still celebrate and you can keep working towards your goal of 220lbs. You're worth a little more time and effort!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Three months ago, the VA put me on the MOVE program.
    My goal was to drop from 250 to 220. I made it to 236.
    Kinda sucks...

Then why is it over? Even if they won't let you continue the program you can continue what you were doing on your own. You are more than halfway to your goal already.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You have had success in losing that weight...why does it have to be over? You can still continue towards your goal.
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    you can do this your not far off your target keep pushing
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Don't sound so defeated! You CAN do it on your own - I did - no gym, not much by way of equipment, just hard work and the willingness to keep on pushing. Go for it!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    14 lbs in 3 months is great! That's losing at least 1 .lb a week. I'd love to be able to do that! Keep persevering and I'm sure you'll see 220 in no time! :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is damn good.

Keep working at it! That's what MFP is here for!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    WAIT, SO YOURE QUITTING???

does not compute
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Pull out that VA spirit and push on to 220 dammit!
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    Options
    dont quit your almost there,just keep doing what your doing.Great job so far!!!
  • hardliquor
    Options
    WAIT, SO YOURE QUITTING???

does not compute

For real!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that our military and former military push on until the target is hit??
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    This is the first time that I have ever missed a physical goal.
    Not quitting, just frustrated.
    I had a goal and I missed it.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Never give up, never give up, never, ever give up! March on!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lame.

goals arent broken bones, they are guideines.

If you dont reach something by a certain date- they wont cut off your power.

stfu and keep going dude
  • brenbbb
    brenbbb Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, you have accomplished what some can never, be proud and push forward!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you are feeling defeated for not meeting a goal. While you didn't make it in the timeline you set, it does NOT mean the ultimate goal isn't still attainable. You started with a great loss and that loss can continue. I urge you to keep going--I want to see you PROUD with your accomplishment that we here all KNOW you can achieve!
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Think where you might be now if you HADn't done the program: 250? 260? 270?
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I work for the VA and am familiar with the MOVE program. There are a lot of veterans that don't make it as far as you did. You should be VERY proud of yourself. Yes, you missed your goal and that sucks! But be honest with yourself... Where can you improve your habits to make the next goal?

Everyone is different and everyone loses weight at a different pace. Use your resources at the VA and on MFP. You have a lot of people in your corner cheering you on. CONGRATS on your weight lost but more importantly CONGRATS on making a life decision to change!
  • kansasvet
    Options
    I have been in the MOVE since Jan. 2011 I went from 265 to 195. It was a lot of work. The first thing is to stay with it.
    My first thing was I changed my migraine med. it was a part on my weight gain. I cannot exercise much so cutting back on eating is how I did it.

It was not easy. I do eat thing I use to, but a lot less.

I did little thing- like cutting down on the spuds. then cutting them out most of the time. The hardest thing was my ribs and ice cream. I have NO willpower.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!