new 45 yr old yooper looking for friends..support.. motivati

Options
Just joined tonight..looking for help to stay on track! 45 yr old mother of 4. Dog rescuer. And lifetime caregiver to the elderly...its time to take care of me!!

Replies

• belle_bopper
    Options
    I too have just joined, and I so relate to the 'time to take care of me' I have 5 children and multiple special needs, I too am looking for support, encouragement and "reminders" to take care of my needs as we too often forget. May I add you as a friend?
  • gayl33
    gayl33 Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome to you! Please do add me!
  • huskamute
    huskamute Posts: 17
    Options
    hi, i have just joined too. Am 41, 2 children, 2 huskamutes and full time night worker in a unit for adolescents.
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Outside of Michigan, would anyone know what a yooper is? ;) I was born and raised in MI, but currently live in Oregon. Feel free to add me!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Outside of Michigan, would anyone know what a yooper is? ;) I was born and raised in MI, but currently live in Oregon. Feel free to add me!

I know, I know!!

And ya'll feel free to add me, too. 43 yr old mom here.
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 45...a mother...lost 90 so far with quite a few to go. Not sure if I'm a yooper...but feel free to add me ;-D
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am also 45 - only 2 kids though. Where is Bark River? I am
    in Michigan City/LaPorte, IN which is very close to New Buffalo, MI.
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    YOOPER!!! Made me grin. Like everyone else says...there are only a select few of us in the world that know what that is.
  • cwunderlich
    cwunderlich Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am 46 - mother of three boys - work full time - and run the kids all over - looking also for support and motivation - anyone feel free to add me!!! I agree - it is time for US!!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a 45 year old mother of 2 daugthers and I rescue cats. Would be glad to be friends
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    What Da Heck Is A Yooper?

The people that live in the Upper Peninsula or the U.P. are called "Yoopers" and are proud of it.

http://dayoopers.com/whatwher.html
  • LessOfMePlease
    LessOfMePlease Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed the UP for vacation last year... only reason this Iowa girl knows what a Yooper is! Welcome to MFP!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Former Yooper, dog rescuer and MFP friend if you want to add me :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • flyingg79
    Options
    Oh ya, I know what a yooper is. Holy jeez, but I am just a former troll out here in the deserts of Las Wages. Started my first week, hopefully only 6-8 left to go. Trying to lose around 30 pounds.
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know what it is too! I almost became a yooper a few years ago :)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

I know, I know!!

And ya'll feel free to add me, too. 43 yr old mom here.

Haven't hit my forties yet (35yrs), and I don't have any kids, but I'm a born and raised Michigander. Would love to have some more friends from my homestate....I miss it something fierce, especially in the summer time (currently live in upstate SC...waaaay too hot for me).
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You got it. You first. remember what they tell you on the airline, help yourself first. Im 48. Sell Avon and have a teenage daughter, one dog and two cats. Help out at the local SPCA. Feel free to add me. I sometimes need a(or two):laugh: good kick in the butt to get going.
  • Kerchinga
    Kerchinga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 40, relatively new on here, lost 23lb but overall want to lose 100+ feel free to add me! :D
  • dwhalley529
    Options
    Love the UP. I'm a 39 y/o Chicagoan, married dad of 2 working in healthcare. Feel free to add me.