fitbit?!

Options
A friend of mine came across this: http://www.fitbit.com/

It seems pretty neat but for $99 i'm wondering how good it actually works?

Does anyone else already have this, and would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Replies

• JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit ultra. It's far more accurate than a pedometer & it also tracks your sleep (which is good for me with my sleep apnea). I have it linked to MFP & it works great. My wife & daughter have one as well, so we definitely recommend it.
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit!!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Worth it!
    You can link it to this site and get a good idea of your sleep patterns too. Increadibly useful tool. I've been trying to get back to my 10,000 steps a day again with the help of my fit bit. Soooo lagging today... LOL! I absolutely love it. Worth every penny I spent on it.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Did you know Fitbit links to MFP?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/fitbit

I am considering purchasing it
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    I LOVE my FitBit. I'm so addicted to checking it. I've even been known to make laps around the kitchen and living room in order to hit my 10,000 step goal!! I would highly recommend it!

ELPUMA - It syncs with MFP and adds in your exercise calories. It's amazing. No thinking about your burns anymore!
  • SirDoctorofTARDIS
    SirDoctorofTARDIS Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. I do not have one. To me it looks like an expensive pedometer with a few extra features. If you think you need it to help keep you more I guess to say honest with yourself then by all means get it.
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear the positive reviews! I just bought one and am waiting for it to arrive. Any tips for new users like me?
  • twilighttabby
    twilighttabby Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have one and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is great. I have told all my friends to get one. It has really helped with the 33lbs that I have lost in 9 weeks. You should get one,
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Fitbit vs bodybugg??? Can anyone tell me why one would be better than the other?
  • sandywerks
    sandywerks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit! It's addicting! Went over 25,000 steps and 50 Floors one day this week. Actually jogged in place for 10 minutes at 11 p.m. that night just to get the last 1200 steps in!
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Fitbit too. Tracks steps walked, miles traveled, calories burned, stairwells climbed, and how long it takes you to get to sleep and stay asleep. AND it syncs up to MFP, so it knows when you've worked out and what you ate. I love it because it tracks all calories burned. Then it's just on me to track all calories consumed. And I can't tell you how addictive it is to see if I've hit my step/mile/calorie goals each day. I strongly recommend it!
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Fitbit vs bodybugg??? Can anyone tell me why one would be better than the other?

I had the bodybugg, and it works well.
    The reason I stopped using it: they want you to pay a monthly fee (around $9?) to keep using it.

Fitbit has no monthly payment.

From what I have read the Fitbit is great at estimating calories when walking/running, but it may be a little less accurate than Bodybugg, specially if your exercise does not mainly come from walking/running, because the Fitbit does not have temperature and other sensors the bodybugg has.

I tend to side to the Fitbit; I hate to pay a monthly fee, just to obtain a small improvement in accuracy.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit! It's addicting! Went over 25,000 steps and 50 Floors one day this week. Actually jogged in place for 10 minutes at 11 p.m. that night just to get the last 1200 steps in!

I know exactly what you mean! I love it for that reason!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    DW and I have been using our Fitbits for a couple of weeks now--She has had hers about a week longer than I have had mine. In any case, we love them. It has made me A LOT more conscious of how active I am and how/where I can improve.

I was extremely skeptical when DW said she wanted to get a Fitbit. I thought that the cost was pretty high for what it seemed like it was. When she got it in the mail, I didn't really pay too much attention to the service, but what I did pay attention to is how much it immediately motivated her to get up and walk more.

It has been a huge help for me because I am able to see the badges as achievements--similar to many of the video games I play on the Xbox and on Steam. I can't even tell you how much better I have felt about my activity level and I know that it has already started to help me with my weight loss. I highly recommend them for anyone that has issues with getting up and doing stuff--especially gamers like me.
  • rainbowbright72
    Options
    Does it log your day as an overall total or can you see what each activity counts for calorie loss wise?
  • onelilredhen
    Options
    question... i have been thinking about a fitbit, but i work in an area that requires me to go thru a metal detector, will this set it off? or will it mess up the fitbit?