Scales

Options
I curerntly have a non-digital scale that is no longer working. As in the 0 is at 9 o'clock and it is supposed to be at 6 o'clock. So, I am in need of a new scale. I don't want to break the bank purchasing a new scale, but I also need one that can withstand the use of two active children - they like to weigh the cat or dog and other goofy stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• Riceking10
    Options
    Go to Walmart or Target. Don't spend more than 20 bucks. Scales are DIRT cheap :)
  • holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I prefer the digital ones so I would go that route but avoid the bodyfat ones, just a waste of money.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Scales aren't that much and a digital is still under 20, maybe even $15 or less.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Also avoid anything with gimmicks - multiple user options, bodyfat measurements etc. The more gimmicks on the scale, the less likely it is they got the actual weighing part accurate.
  • LadyFaile
    LadyFaile Posts: 60
    Options
    I would recommend picking up a digital scale that is solar powered. I have one that I've been using for many years and it's still going strong. Since it doesn't use batteries, I just have to wait for the sunlight/bathroom light to give it enough juice to work.
  • acschnabel
    Options
    After having a digital scale for a few years, i'm ready to go back to the standard dial. I can step on my scale 3 times within 1 minute and get 3 different numbers varying by 1.5-2 lbs. I'm sure it's my scale and how old it is getting, but...