First Month Following MFP / 2nd Month Challenge

Options
Throughout the first month I have lost a total of 12.2 pounds, and i feel damn good about it. One thing i dont do is eat my exercise calories back.. Should I? Ive read lots of post were people eat them back. Im a full time college student and work two jobs, so its hard to stay on track with being on the go a lot! I want to start a challenge from this upcoming monday March 19th and end on April the 19th, where we encourage each other with our weight loss stories, we dont have to post our weight i know how private some people are ( including myself) but we can post what our goal loss would be. If your comfortable and want to post your weight they hey go right ahead! :) This should be fun feel free to add me im not used to it, so im not sure on how to add people. I hope you all plan on joining me! I plan on losing 8-10 pounds in that time!

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Yes you shold eat them back. There is a reason there is an equation at the top that says so. But be careful because MFP is pretty generous with its calories, so I would be conservative. If you are too zealous with your exercise and cutting your caloric intake you will send your self into starvation mode, where your metabolism will slow down and no more losing weight for you for awhile...

We ALL have BUSY lives. It's all about Prioritizing. Which you seem to be doing, so good work!

Don't get discouraged when you aren't able to keep up that weight loss rate...the more you lose the slower they come off, and you should really only be shooting for 1-2 lbs a week. 8-10 in four weeks is probably too much.Depending on how much you weigh now, 6 is probably a more attainable goal.

But do whatever works, just don't get discouraged if you have an unreachable goal.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    12.2 lbs is definitely something to be proud about :)
  • mzmoebaby
    Options
    THANK YOU! :) and also thanks for the info
  • fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    First of all, congratulations! I found the first month was the hardest in changing eating habits, but having success certainly helsp! People have a variety of opinions on eating back your exercise calories. I'm not sure what you weight, but I'm a pretty hefty fellow myself. Since MFP gives me so many calories (1770) I tend not to eat back much of my exercise, and end up netting around 1100 or so. Were I to have MFP give me only 1200 calories a day, I would eat back more of them. Its about finding a balance that works for you. If and when you hit a plateau (I've gone through several) is when you can reevaluate your exercise, eating, etc.

Again, congratulations! Keep up the good work and try to keep a good attitude. While there are a lot of strategies putting in hard work and having an optimistic attitude will keep you going towards your goals!
  • mzmoebaby
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! I am supposed to have 1430 a day, i usually eat that amout and when i exercise i usually end up with a net amount of about 990 to 1000. I dont feel hungry or tired, i feel great, im still not going to eat my calories back im just going to play everything by ear and go from there! You all are so very nice! :)
  • mzmoebaby
    Options
    Whats crazy is so far in my challenge I've lost 5.6 pounds lol not that far away from my goal! Feeling great !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!