T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 25

Options
WELCOME TO WEEK 25 – Can you believe it?

Welcome to all the new team members, there is always room for more. Hurray for us old dogs who have hung in there and are still seeing results...it really works!!!!

Newbies and old dogs, feel free to report your successes and failures this week. We want to hear it all. The sooner we can be honest with ourselves, the better. Tough but true. (At least for me, anyways. Some times it’s not as bad as I thought!)

NEW CHALLENGE THIS WEEK:
1. Log everything you eat. This is my struggle. All those extra bites here and there are adding up. Estimating some things is OK. Are you up for the challenge?
2. Lets keep the water challenge going because it helps in soooo many ways...Drink 1/2 your body weight in water ounces every day. Its summer and definitely important to stay hydrated! So anyone who would like to participate in the challenge is welcome.

Fridays are weigh in days for those participating. Record it like this:
(username) sw208 gw150 cw 172 loss -2 lbs

When you post, copy and paste the list and add your results to the bottom. Thanks everybody!

Zano - SW 211 CW 204 GW 165 lost 2lbs
Buttonnose - SW 200 - CW 195.6 GW 140 Gnd 1.6 lbs.
manda1111 - sw198/gw135/cw171 = 2pound loss
punka - sw 278(05 weight)/ gw 170/cw194.4
indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/ cw 188.6 9 pound gain
healthymom sw208 gw150 cw172 -2 lbs

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    adopt4 - sw 273/gw 165/cw 228.6 - 4 oz gain

Although I am posting that 4 oz gain, I think it's due to things not (ahem) moving as they should. At least I"m hoping that... and for those who gained some back, especially if you know why you gained it back - that's life. Pick up, move on, do better.

Kristi, glad you posted and welcome back. We are going thru SLC tomorrow, was going to have to hunt you down in person, LOL. Although you get the slipper for NOT posting when you were struggling...

punka, welcome. I went thru a similiar thing, lost 30 pounds using WW and then plateaued. After six months I gave up and gained a bit back, but not all. Well when I started here I learned why I plateaued and how to break it. I've lost 45 pounds since I started MFP in Jan and that's the most I've ever lost at one time. I did have a big plateau while on here but was able to break it, I had to just keep trying different things until I figured out what my body needed. Never in my life had I crossed that 30 pound mark before. Knowledge is power.

momma24, welcome too. You will hit that mark soon!

Tonight we leave for Iowa to see my parents. The boys are excited to see (and to meet) grandpa and grandma. My first son has a relationship with them but my other two haven't met them yet, so I'm anxious for them to develop a relationship while we're there (be there about a week, 10 days). Probably be the last (and only) time they meet my dad, so it's critically important to me that they have some memory of them. My grandparents all died when I was a bit younger than my oldest two... and I remember them clearly. I hope the same for my kids. Wish we lived closer but the jobs are here and not there...

It's been a hard month emotionally with hubby's work schedule and stress and trying to save enough to get to Iowa (I *think* we have enough gas money to get there, there will be another payday before we leave, ti's THAT CLOSE). It definitely showed in my eating, although I can say, I still have not done a total binge like I used to when really stressed. I may have overeaten several times, and eaten the wrong things, but no whole packages of Oreos or 5 pound chocolate bars. So there has been progress in my mindset and my eating, I didn't turn to food for comfort (but I wasn't as careful as I should have been). After six months, I think I can say that I've definitely turned that corner. And that, in itself, is a major cause for celebration!

Going to be hard at my parents - mom is a wonderful cook, unlike me, and she makes the best desserts and breads... plus it's all homemade so hard to figure out calories. My goal is to take a long walk to the park with the kids or let them ride their bikes while I walk, so that I can even it out. I'm not going to worry about "losing" while on the trip, I have little control over what we will be eating, but I need to not GAIN. I need to use as many calories as I take in. My second goal is to continue to drink my water. I'm taking my water bottle that equals 4 cups of water, and I *have* to drink 2 bottles a day, but want to drink 3. That's just under the goal of 'half my weight' if my math is correct.

hubby got a laptop with wireless so i will be able to post on the road if it works (whoo-hoo!) so hope to keep up with everyone while we're gone. I know my mom has internet so i'll be posting and logging while there, for sure, it's just the 4 days driving that I didnt' expect to post.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Thanks Healthymom for doing this for us. I can start them but am a computor dummy and don't know how to post the link for the new thread on the old thread. Glad you got us started. Wow 25 weeks - that is great that it has been going this long and some of you have been around to support and motivate us this long. Keep up the good work.

On the end of week 24 Kristi makes a return and punka joins the group. Be sure to Congratulate Kristi on 101 POUNDS LOST - WAY TO GO KRISTI. And welcome Punka who has lost a lot already needs encouragement to lose that last little bit.

Welcome I have got to grab something to eat and go to work. Can't wait to get home and read everyone else's stories for the week.

DRINK THAT WATER AND LOG THAT FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your team as of now because of tom i gained six pounds but already lost three of them so i weigh 162 cant wait till next weigh in
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    So every friday is the weigh in day...great! Im looking forward to weighing in next friday. Im up for the challenges this week. Ive gotten use to drinking water so that won't be to hard and im really going to focus on logging EVERYTHING i put in my mouth. If i put my mind to it...i can do it. Im SO SICK of being in a size 14 :ohwell: My biggest problem is that when life throws me any kind of drama i eat. Ive got to work on that, stop letting things get to me so easily.

indianagranny- Thank you for the warm welcome, have a great day at work!

WTG on those that have gone 25weeks...thats AWESOME:drinker:

I will bbl
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I just got home from the doctor. He says I have high blood pressure and he is putting me on meds. :grumble: My mother is very upset. She says, "your way too young you HAVE to drop the weight" The mother in me sympathizes with her. Dr. says he will not even consider taking me off meds until I lose another 50 pounds. I guess I just found one more reason why I have to succeed at this. I have been at a plateau for 3 weeks. :angry: I am going to have to break through it here pretty quick.. Thanks for letting me vent .:smile: I look forward to posting weight and progress next week.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Weighing in...

cyndeebee - SW 136 GW - 115 CW 126...no loss, but no gain, either...

Good enough! I know that I'll struggle to lose every pound, from this point on. Reason why is because I'm actually in the "healthy" range, although it doesn't sit that well on me and my teeny tiny bones. But I feel better, my clothes fit me right, I have more energy...
    Way to go, everyone, on your personal progress. Button...I agree, that it's likely sodium or water. What I found was that if I did gain a pound or two back, it was likely due to salty food, or not drinking my water. If you get back on track for 2 or 3 days, the pounds will melt away.
    Welcome, Newbies. You're gonna love it here. This has been the most incredible group for me. If I'd been left to my own devices, I'd had stopped trying a few months ago. Instead, I'm inspired, I feel cared for, and when I do goof up, this group shows me how to keep my sense of humor...and they help me get back on track.

Anita...Thinking of you, and sending you hugs. Just take things one moment at a time. You'll get through it. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Nice to see you on Facebook, Lisa!!!
    My mood is somewhat better today. Only a few tantrums...:laugh: :laugh:
    First one was a call about a silly overpayment...not my fault...Their mistake. Not a big amount, but still enough to aggravate. The woman caller said "Just send what you can..." which means that I'll be writing cheques for $1/month. :bigsmile:
    Second one was...In a small town, we don't have a lot of selection...where to buy our groceries. The store I normally shop at...One of the clerks is an ignorant old thing. I swear she thrives on finding ways to make me miserable and uncomfortable. Anyway, I used to go in person, shop, ask for delivery ($3), then take a cab home ($6). But Ms. Sour Puss would purposely put off calling for a cab, so I'd end up standing and waiting for about half an hour...Anyway, today I solved the dilemma. I ordered my groceries. That means Sour Puss had to write down my list, over the phone, then she had to do my shopping, ring it through, call me back with the amount...THEN they have to deliver them to the second floor...and it only costs me $4! It's quite possible that I purposely ordered the stuff that I knew was hard to find, scattered throughout the store...Not saying I did that for sure. Just that it's possible I "subconsciously" did that...:devil:

I guess I've learned one new coping mechanism for my touchy moods lately.
    GET REVENGE!
    Kidding...

Sort of...
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey Everyone...just thought I would drop in and say hi.
    Sort of bummed out tonight. Was suppose to go to RIBFEST here where I live (I know...not a good idea!!! LOL) but was mainly going to see my bosses band play tonight along with 54/40. But due to me being sick :sick: all last night - and still feeling icky...not going. :sad:

So here I sit tonight...hubby at work, and feeling sick when I should be out having barbequed ribs (j/j) and having a good time.
    OH well such as life!!!

Button
  • punka274
    Options
    Sort of bummed out tonight. Was suppose to go to RIBFEST here where I live (I know...not a good idea!!! LOL) but was mainly going to see my bosses band play tonight along with 54/40. But due to me being sick :sick: all last night - and still feeling icky...not going. :sad:

So here I sit tonight...hubby at work, and feeling sick when I should be out having barbequed ribs (j/j) and having a good time.
    OH well such as life!!!

Button

Im sorry your not feeling well, i hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    Options

OH well such as life!!!

Button

Im sorry your not feeling well, i hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:

oops, sorry for the double post.:ohwell: ..my finger is a quick one:happy: :tongue:
  • cjchism
    cjchism Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I forgot to post yesterday. Busy week with my Mom.
    SW:200, cw:187.8: gw:140 lost 2.4
    I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!!!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Good Morning Team

3 hours into the day and 48 ounces down plus 869 calories burn. New aerobics tape.

Everyone have a good week end.

Challenge for the week end - post one encouraging post on here today or tomorrow.
  • punka274
    Options
    Good Morning Team

3 hours into the day and 48 ounces down plus 869 calories burn. New aerobics tape.

Everyone have a good week end.

Challenge for the week end - post one encouraging post on here today or tomorrow.

Great job on your workout...Great job on your water so far....:drinker:

I just finsihed a run interval on the treadmill. burned 373 cals in about 35mins.

I just logged all my food for the day and printed it out

Ive had about 33 oz of water and im on my way to 80....:drinker:

Have a wonderful weekend guys:flowerforyou: i will check back in tomorrow
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    you are all off to a good start today.

I went on a very long bike ride with my hubby we increased our speed by 1-2 mph. So I ended up burning 807 calories. I also have my 44 oz glass of water just to start my day. (its half drank)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!

Just wanted to let ya'll know that Im still here! I officially start my job on Monday, but have been doing training and orientation at Safeway and babysitting all this past week. Between work and trying to fit time in for the gym I am usually pretty tapped... this is the first time Ive worked 2 jobs at the same time. This next week I literally only have 1 full day off.

I worked out 3 days this past week at the gym. Mostly swimming, water aerobics and wogging. It felt really good. Eating wasnt so great this past week, not horrible, but not good either. We got invited to dinner a couple times by friends we havent seen in a while (a nice change) and since my kids were gone to thier dads house, hubby and I were both either too lazy or just too tired to cook real food for dinner so we did go out a couple times. (i know, a bad excuse!) I did manage to stay within my calories and have been logging with my iphone, especially on days that I am not 100% sure. On the downside, Ive had to restart eating breakfast again as I was staying up late and getting up late and skipping it all together. Another no, no!

I literally did NOT want to get on the scale Friday after this week. Decided this morning I better do it or else and I havent lost anything but didnt gain an ounce either. So that I am glad for.

Hubby usually doesnt get home until about 7pm, and this next week I will be working mostly nights until 9 or 10pm doing more training, so....I have a menu planned and have my lunchbox ready to get packed so Im not eating out all the time. Stocket up the cupboard with snacks and have plenty of stuff coming from the garden right now.

I scored at a garage sale this morning! This guy sold me an ab roller, bun roller, 2 leslie sansone ab videos, some yoga videos, a BOX of windsor pilate videos and books, 3 packages of new colored pencils and a pair of jammies for my daughter for $5! Figure the extra video's would come in REALLY handy for those mornings I wanna work out before going to work or if I get stuck at home with the kids. :laugh:

Been doing ok on the water. Havent gotten in 1/2 my weight but I have gotten close a few times.

Lulu- congrats on your new job!!! I know what you mean about relief!

Bee- Have a great time at the beach. Im so jealous!! The weather is going to be gorgeous there!! I wish I could drive down tomorrow and see ya, but I have to work. :frown: As soon as things are caught up here on the bill end, hubby and I want to take a trip up your direction to visit our other friends that live there and to see you...so we'll have to figure something out twards end of summer or this fall. :wink:

Cyndee--- LOL at getting even with the grocery lady. Maybe if she wasnt such a meanie her karma woulda left her alone.

Kristi- Sorry things have been hectic for you! Glad you are back and on track again! We have missed ya!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    here i am at a rest area in western nebraska, we've gone about 1200 miles so far, just over half of what we have to travel. we've not stopped overnight, just to fuel and potty the boys and feed them. whew. looking forward to sleeping instead ofcatnapping.

food - terrible. started out great, but affter 24 hours i was bored and falling asleep and so had bugles, licorice, pistiachios. need to make up for that this week. reminds me i meant to buy grapes before we left so i'd have something to much on. opps. will do that before thetrip home!

talkto ya soon. sorry for the typos but i'm seriously seeing double right now and can't tell what i'm tuping. no i'm not driving at the moment...
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Heeeyyy teamies! Hope you are having a great weekend!! Here's my weigh-in:

cyndeebee - SW 136 GW - 115 CW 126...no loss, but no gain, either...
    lulubar-SW205/GW 145/CW 185 =1 lb. lost

Okay, that's an even 20 lbs. in 6 months so I'm averaging about 3 pounds a month. I'm going with the adage "slow and steady wins the race" I guess.:tongue: I got 86 oz of water yesterday, but only 60 oz today:ohwell: Today is my son's 20th birthday so we had a family party and dinner out - it was great!

Kristi! It is so very great to see you!! Glad you are back amongst us!:smooched: And BIG BIG BIG congrats on over 100 lbs. down!!

Punka ~ Welcome! You have come soooo far. You can totally do this, and you've proven that. A little motivation to shake it up and get to the finish line is all you need. We are here for you and cheering you on ~

Momma2four~ First, welcome to the Team! Second, high blood pressure stinks - just think though, when you lose the weight, you lose the meds! Should be a great motivator!!

and Jolinemn ~ WELCOME!! We are glad to have you!

Button~ sorry you are feeling bad, get better soon ~ ribs will have to wait.:grumble:

Healthymom~ Great start- and great challenges! I'm up for it! Log every bite, and :drinker: :drinker:

Adopt4~ I hope you have a terrific time on your trip - that is a LOT of time to be in the car with 3 little boys! Are you crazy?? Well, if not I'm bettin' you will be by the time you get home:laugh: Praying that your money goes twice as far as you think it will!!

Cyndeebee~ Revenge, eh? Remind me not to get on your bad side!!:laugh: Funny story.

Losingit~ you have become a seriously busy woman! Take care of yourself ~ and don't overdo. Congrats on the job - how do you like it so far? How's Morgolis liking his new job?

Crazybee - hope you are have a blast!

Sheila and April - I'm so happy you gals had such a good time together! Where are you now???

Zano~ getting that water in???? Keep it up!

Hey to everybody else ~ and have a great and restful Sunday!
    lulu:heart:
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    leaving for vacation this morning see you lovely ladies when I return :happy:

Manda
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Well feeling better people... :smile: Thank you for your concern.
    Today going to be off this calorie thing for sure...going to visit some friends and they are having a barbeque. And I know he has a couple of Fuzzy Navels waiting for me too (what are those - Peach Schnapps and Orange Juice :wink: ). I promise to drink lots of water today too.
    Anyways, plus going out for breakfast with neighbour (so more calories) and but going to enjoy my afternoon no matter what.

You all have a wonderful Sunday....and keep smiling.

Button

PS...wow just doing my food consumption today...looks like I better exercise like mad before I go to this barbeque as I have no idea what I am having...and going out for breakfast with neighbour this morning...having my usual eggs, bacon, toast, hash browns...and that is already totally big time calories. Plus I calculated my 3 fuzzy navels in already...and poof...calorie consumption already over...and didn't even have supper in there, or lunch or snacks...so big time exercising so I can get some calories to work with for the day. LOL
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Good Morning Team

LI4G - glad to see you post. I was missing you. Things have to keep you hopping. Good job on getting the gym in still and maintaining. Keep up the good work.

CJChism - glad to see you posted. I hope things are going better with your mom. I will remember her in my prayers.

Momma2four - I agree with Lulu about the blood pressure problem and this should be a motivator. Stick with it girl and those meds will go

Manda1111 - have a good vacation

Adopt4 - wow girl over 1200 miles that is good. Hang in there girl and enjoy your time away.

Buttonnose - glad to hear you are feeling better

everyone else hello and have a good day

Well my lucky day I get to return to work tonight and I heard I will be doing two jobs all night long instead of just one. I have burned 591 calories already and gotten in 48 ounces water.

Have a nice day!
  • punka274
    Options
    Good Morning

Well, ive logged my cals for the day and printed them out. Ive got an awesome workout planned; chest & tric's then a 30min powerwalk on the treadmill using inclines while watching ' Grease" :tongue:

Have a wonderful day..i will bb to report my workout:flowerforyou: