Weight Watchers?

Options
fiveferrels
fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
I know I will probably get scourned for this.

Does anyone do WW and this?

I need more accountability for myself and was thinking of joining WW

Comments?

Replies

• xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I did but this way I held myself more accountable, WWs is basically doing your points based on Fats Carbs Fiber and something else where here you can see everything alot better and understand it... I even lose more this way but then again everyone is different.... I did both to test the waters... and went this way instead.
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've thought about doing it too. I'll wait to hear suggestions :)
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    I have done weight watchers and Scottish Slimmers. I prefer this to all the points counting however when someone else is weighing you every week it is definatley motivation. I ended up quitingt both as I realised I was pretty much paying someone to weigh me. I have always lost more on here than with either of the groups. I do think they are a good way to introduce people to a healthier lifestyle though.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i figure if i can count a point ... i can count my calories (FOR FREE) :o)
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    My friend at work started slimming world about 4-5 weeks ago. She has tried every diet under then sun including WW. She even tried MFP. No sucess. She has now lost just over 14 pounds. I don't think anyone should make anyone feel bad for joining something like that. This site and lots of other things will not work for everyone. Just because soemone else can use MFP doesn't mean another one can.

Weightloss and fitness is any form is what is needed and do what is best for you. As long as you achieve your goal, why should it matter how you do it? It may make others feel holier than thou to say you that they have managed it using this site so why can't you but ignore them. They are not offering any advice so ignore it and move on to what you want to do :)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    i figure if i can count a point ... i can count my calories (FOR FREE) :o)

This!!!!
  • csgray72
    csgray72 Posts: 39
    Options
    I did weight watchers for a while last fall and lost interest pretty quick. I felt lost by counting points vs calories and seeing all my nutritional info like I can on here. I did it online, I didn't do meetings. I lost about 9 lbs in 2 months, which wasn't bad, but it got boring quick for me. However I know a lady personally that just lost 101 lbs in one year on WW and that's absolute proof to me that it works if you work it!
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been doing "bootleg" WW since Thanksgiving, and I've lost more than 8 pounds and 5.5 inches. I'm sure it's not as effective as going to meetings, but it's working for me, and it's free.

I set up my MFP diary to track fat, carbs, protein & fiber. In addition to breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, I have a meal called "zero points snacks" where I log foods WW counts as "free." They don't count toward my WW points, but I like to know what I'm eating. A quick Google search will bring up a list of free foods.

I use this site to calculate the WW Points Plus values for food (the box in the right-hand sidebar) and my activity for the day:

http://onemorepound.com/2010/12/06/weight-watchers-pointsplus-activity-value-charts/

I keep track of my food and activity points, including the weekly balance of "freebie" points, in MFP's "Today's Food Notes" box.

One thing I've noticed is that most days, I go over 1,200 calories. I don't worry about it -- this is working for me. YMMV, of course.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends mother did WW for just over a year and did awesome on it! However, she went to the meetings everyweek and had all the tools you needed for it.
    She lost about 70 pounds total but is slowly gaining it back now that she isn't going to the meetings any longer.