Could anyone else use a vacation?

Options
It's 70 degrees and sunny today here in Chicago and all I can think about is a vacation. I'm in desperate need of one and think I should plan something so I have something to look forward to and get in shape for. Has anyone ever gone on vacation and not gained weight? I went on a cruise two years ago to the Bahamas, walked my little heart out and still gained 7 lbs.

Do you stick to your calorie intake during vacation or do you figure heck with it I'm on vacation and don't worry about it?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Good gosh yes I could use a vacation! It's been so long since we (dh and I) have taken one and back then I was not super heavy (not at my heaviest ever that is) and also I wasn't really on a 'diet' per say or logging so no idea if I gained back then or not.

I would love to go somewhere tropical and stick my toes in the sand. But then reality kicks in and I realize A. $$$ and B. How on earth do I even get time away from work??? :ohwell:

edit, if I did take a vacation I would be very careful to watch what I ate and try to find activities that kept me busy and moving.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I was in Chicago last week for work and it was beautiful :) But everyone needs a vacation sometimes. I have a trip to Dubai in less than a month!!

On vacation, I just try to eat healthy things in moderation. I don't count calories, and I'll eat dessert occasionally, but I also like to be really active on vacation. I guess it depends. When I went to Iceland last year, I did a hiking trip (32 miles in 5 days) and still came home 3lbs heavier.
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Definitely can use a vacation, especially when the weather warms up. I've been dreaming of this B&B in San Clemente that was steps to the water with gorgeous sunsets. I didn't watch what I was eating then, but if I went again now I would. I'm going to visit family in Washington next month and made sure there was a gym around the corner. That way I could get up and hit for a short period, and maybe bring my sister with me.