califlower

Options
how much califlower can you eat? is it a good vegetable that you can eat when your still hungry?

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower and tend to eat about 1 cup at a time. It's a lower carb vegetable too and only has about 25 calories in one cup (raw).
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    HI

When I've done low carb I have eaten a cauli a day!
    Grate it in amouli and fry it and it pretends to be fried rice.
    Mash it and put in on top of mince and oyu've got cottage pie

Great with loads of garlic in too

Why am I not eating it ?????
    Cue trip to the shops me thinks!
  • tryingolose6
    Options
    thanks guys!!! I mashed it and put garlic in it and its in my fridge for emergency snacking!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Not huge on cauliflower personally......steamed asparagus is my go to veggie.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Just made some creamy cauliflower soup! I like it but of course is a "gassy" veggie...YIKES!!
  • Wendy_F
    Wendy_F Posts: 26
    Options
    I can only handle it raw, tasted totally different cooked.
  • tryingolose6
    Options
    do u mind sharing your creamy califlower soup recipe?
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    All I did was cook the cauliflower, green onion, and carrot in the microwave, then I pureed it in the blender and and added 1% milk and some Mrs. dash "no salt" table blend seasoning and black pepper. Easy peesey!! Going to be my lunch tomorrow: I am adding in some part skim mozzarella cheese when I cook it also.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies!! I can eat a whole steamed head in one sitting if someone let me. :) I use it instead of mashed potatoes often...mostly just steamed with Ms. Dash.
  • tryingolose6
    Options
    great sounds delish thanks!
  • cdmeyer
    cdmeyer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think cauliflower is my new favorite since I have done the pizza and the rice. It was wonderul. I was so full I couldn't eat the entire thing.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Love cauliflower. I often make cauliflower mashed or roasted. I have yet to try it "riced" although I did do that to make cauliflower pizza, which we all really enjoyed. I have a head in my fridge right now and I want to do something other than mashed or roasted so maybe I will try it riced and sauteed.
  • zamiesgirl
    Options
    so yummy I did this the other night for the first time and my husband loved it. I used fat free milk in mine omitted the butter. I also used Mrs Dash in mine it really was good I will do this again thats for sure better than mashed potatoes.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try 'egg-fried cauliflower.' I love it! :love:
  • cdmeyer
    cdmeyer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Some one asked where I got the recipe for the pizza and here is the link

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

I haven't quite figured out how the replies work and where the notifications are. It's not exactly like facebook which I am used to : )
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Try it roasted. Toss it in olive oil and then put in oven at 400 degrees until it starts to brown. Best way to have cauliflower IMO.