NSV

Options
nikkilou1978
nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
At a playdate with my mommy group yesterday several of the moms asked how much weight I have lost. Everyone was amazed when I told them, but one mom said "I don't even want to hear it". Like I had found some kind of magic spell to melt away fat. I told her, "I'm not saying it is easy, especially when I come to playdates that have cookies, cakes, brownies and pizza." I enjoy myself when I go but limit myself as to what I eat, and I am proud to say I was still within my goal . Let's just say she enjoyed herself too, then complained she had recently gained 6lbs..... gee I wonder why.....

I was just glad someone notice. I can tell I have lost because of my clothes, but can't really see a difference physically.

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Glad the mommy group noticed to and so glad you're able to be an example of how to eat and enjoy food now :) Keep it up!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Glad the mommy group noticed to and so glad you're able to be an example of how to eat and enjoy food now :) Keep it up!

Congrats on your weight loss! Have you take before pics? I need to do that and didn't until after I'd already been doing this for a while. Will take new ones in 2 weeks or so to see if I can tell a difference.

The woman who made that remark, ignore her. WE have made the decison to change, and others can too, if they choose to do so. I agree, it isn't easy AT ALL but it can be done. Congrats again!
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    it's so nice when someone notices!! way to go - and you're right - it's difficult to continue to be as socially active as you want to be and still 'behave' around the snacks, etc. - good for you for finding a balance there!! :flowerforyou: keep up the great work!!
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Congrats on your weight loss! Have you take before pics? I need to do that and didn't until after I'd already been doing this for a while. Will take new ones in 2 weeks or so to see if I can tell a difference.

The woman who made that remark, ignore her. WE have made the decison to change, and others can too, if they choose to do so. I agree, it isn't easy AT ALL but it can be done. Congrats again!

I did take pics and have taken progress pics along the way. I want to wait to post pics when I get to my first big goal. But they do show some progress especially in my tummy, I took tummy pics because that is the area that really bothers me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!