Crazy Laws!!!

Options
judith3
judith3 Posts: 296 Member
I need to get out of arizona these laws are getting so ridiculous! Guess what the new one is?? Well its HB 2625 and basically if you're a woman taking birth control in order to prevent pregnancy then you're boss can fire you unless you can provide proof that its for health reasons. All im saying is they need to start checking people for Cranial Rectal Inverson most commonly know as someone with their head up their a*s before they let them run for office.

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Um, what? But it's just a bill at this point, right? So it hasn't passed. Even if it does pass I don't think it would be upheld because it seems unconstitutional. And furthermore, the only way they would know if you are taking it would be if they obtained your medical records. It seems highly unlikely that it would be found lawful to disclose such medical information to your employer since it has nothing to do with work, it's not workers comp or something.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Um, what? But it's just a bill at this point, right? So it hasn't passed. Even if it does pass I don't think it would be upheld because it seems unconstitutional. And furthermore, the only way they would know if you are taking it would be if they obtained your medical records. It seems highly unlikely that it would be found lawful to disclose such medical information to your employer since it has nothing to do with work, it's not workers comp or something.

Yes u are correct its just a bill for right now and i completely agree its unconstitutional and gender discrimination so im hoping it doesnt pas. If it does i can already smell the lawsuits. Itay mot be workers comp bt if they are using their insurance then it applies
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options

Yes u are correct its just a bill for right now and i completely agree its unconstitutional and gender discrimination so im hoping it doesnt pas. If it does i can already smell the lawsuits. Itay mot be workers comp bt if they are using their insurance then it applies

Thats stupid.........what you do and take are your own personal business between you and your doctor.........it has NOTHING to do with your work
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Urg, every time I hear about this I become infuriated. What the **** happened to separation of church and state? We all know it would be a personal (more than likely religious) view that a boss would have that could get you fired, how is that right?
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What the **** happened to separation of church and state?

Where did separation of church and state ever come from to begin with?

Anyway, to answer the original question....Arkansas law banning smoking in a car with someone 14 years or younger. First it's no one's business (even though unfortunately unhealthy) and second, how in the world is it even enforceable?
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    lol you crazy assed Americans and your weird and scary *kitten*.....wow...just wow...come live in England, we are WAY less weird
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Anyway, to answer the original question....Arkansas law banning smoking in a car with someone 14 years or younger. First it's no one's business (even though unfortunately unhealthy) and second, how in the world is it even enforceable?

The term "a wall of seperation between church and state" was in a letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Church..

and to the original post... I really don't see how this can be enforced, especially since no one but you, your doctor, the insurance company (if you buy it with your insurance), the primary insurance holder (if it isn't you) and the pharmacy are the only people that have access to whether or not you have a perscription for birth control... This is just a totally stupid bill that serves no purpose other than to shove a wedge into voters...
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options

The term "a wall of seperation between church and state" was in a letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Church..

Precisely. There is no law on the books as many people seem to believe. My only point.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Yeah, but just because you have medical insurance through your employer doesn't mean they can access your medial information without it directly relating to work. They could carry an insurance that doesn't cover birth control, but your workplace can't just access medical records that have no direct bearing on your job, whether through worker's comp or a medical condition that affects your job performance. Otherwise they could have access to things like info on whose taking meds for mental illness, etc, and that's simply not legal. Even if it passed, I just see no way it could be upheld. Plus, if the ACA does go through in 2014, then workplaces that continue to provide insurance will be required to provide insurance that covers birth control as far as I remember (unless they are a purely religious institution).
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So, your employer would fire you for taking birth control, to prevent having a child, which in the long run would cost them money?? (Maternity leave, child sick days, child drama....etc)

I would think that businesses would be PAYING for and ENCOURAGING women to plan responsibily.
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

In Victoria, Australia it is illegal to smoke with a child in the car. It is enforceable the same way as talking on your mobile phone while driving or whatever, if the police see you you are done and it has been done! I think it's a fair enough call with the kids though, why should they have to breath that in.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    All im saying is they need to start checking people for Cranial Rectal Inverson most commonly know as someone with their head up their a*s before they let them run for office.
    It seems utterly bizarre to me that anyone would consider this for a moment, yet alone bring it forward as a bill.

I agree, CRI scans should be compulsory!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I need to get out of arizona these laws are getting so ridiculous! Guess what the new one is?? Well its HB 2625 and basically if you're a woman taking birth control in order to prevent pregnancy then you're boss can fire you unless you can provide proof that its for health reasons. All im saying is they need to start checking people for Cranial Rectal Inverson most commonly know as someone with their head up their a*s before they let them run for office.
    do you know who came up with that one? I have a friend who is a state rep here in Glendale
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It's not just Arizona, it's our entire God forsaken country. It's going to hell in a handbasket, and none of these politicians care. It's all about money.
  • peachNpunkin
    Options
    So, your employer would fire you for taking birth control, to prevent having a child, which in the long run would cost them money?? (Maternity leave, child sick days, child drama....etc)

I would think that businesses would be PAYING for and ENCOURAGING women to plan responsibily.

I totally agree with you on this one.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I don't know what it is with the government try to pass all these laws AGAINST womens health care, but it's seriously pointless. especially with all of the people on welfare, you'd think the governent would want to keep us from producing. On a side note(and a much dumber one) someone recently told me that every time I take a birth control pill, I have an abortion. It's that kind of ignorance we have to thank for all of these anti-conraceptive people we have running around.
  • peachNpunkin
    Options
    It's just like the whole seat belt law. I agree that everyone should wear their seatbelt, but there are those that don't, or are too large for the seat belt to go around. It's hit and miss for the people who get busted for it. They can't totally enforce it, just like they can't totally enforce not smoking around minors. How many 14 and 15 year olds look dang near grown?

Just like with the birth control. Unless they have a way to get around the HIPPA violation, they can't up hold it. That is a violation of a person's privacy, period.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just can't see it passing with "patient confidentiality" laws and about ten other laws as well. It is scary all the new bills that are popping up. One that was passed and keeps getting added to is the NDAA. Anyone realise our right to protest is slowly being taken away. Also under this law, US Citizens can be held infinitely without trial if you are suspected of terrorism. Yep, look it up my friends. Scary stuff. At least SOPA wasn't passed, but other bills similar to that are quietly getting passed in states.
  • peachNpunkin
    Options
    I don't know what it is with the government try to pass all these laws AGAINST womens health care, but it's seriously pointless. especially with all of the people on welfare, you'd think the governent would want to keep us from producing. On a side note(and a much dumber one) someone recently told me that every time I take a birth control pill, I have an abortion. It's that kind of ignorance we have to thank for all of these anti-conraceptive people we have running around.

I think so. It is rediculous the words that come out of people's mouths.
  • peachNpunkin
    Options
    Yep, we are slowly, but surely losing our freedom. We really need to take our country back.