help with my diet please

Options
I have been tracking my intake per meal so far i am already over my calorie intake but i have not met my other goals for fiber and protein. does anyone have any ideas on things i can eat preferably for b-fast or lunch that can help raise my proteins and fiber without killing my calories ? i realized today i am eating all wrong:cry:

Replies

• butterfly2008
    Options
    I have been tracking my intake per meal so far i am already over my calorie intake but i have not met my other goals for fiber and protein. does anyone have any ideas on things i can eat preferably for b-fast or lunch that can help raise my proteins and fiber without killing my calories ? i realized today i am eating all wrong:cry:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Try oatmeal, or Kashi GoLean cereal, or Fiber One cereal for breakfast. These have a lot of fiber for few calories. For protein, chicken breast, tuna, other fish are good, as are lowfat yogurt and cheese.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    You can also try Egg Beaters for added protein or Laughing Cow Light Cheeses
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Love the new Quaker Simple Harvest Oatmeal. 150 cal 1.5g fat 3g protein

I also really like the Cottage Doubles (cottage cheese and fruit) they have peach, pineapple, strawberry, and raspberry. Cottage Cheese is great for protein.
  • poubre
    poubre Posts: 32
    Options
    Some people might sound surprised but the answer to your question is "Beans." Beans are an EXCELLENT source of fiber and protein. I realize that adverse effects of gas, but that gas is actually undigested sugars. Look at it this way: Any gas it creates and you expel is calories your body didn't absorb :).

There's also fiber supplements and such, but I'm sure you can manage it with diet :).

Good luck!

Philip
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    If you make your own-freeze them before you soak them. It does help with the gas. I don't know how, but it does.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Egg whites cooked with spinach and a little cheese is a great protein/fiber meal

I like oatmeal, beans, fiber one cereal and bars, etc.

Strawberries and veggies like peas and broccoli are great almost no cal ways to get fiber into your diet.