Whats best to get toned Arms / shoulder???

Options
Hello,

I have a few weddings coming up, and i've purchased a dress which im very happy about. However, because it's strapless, im still not extremely confident with my arms. I'd love to know any exercises/ wieghts that will help tone my arms, upper back and shoulders.

I've started to do a few movements but don't know it they're the right things i need to do.

Anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Bench press, bent over rows, shoulder press, and well squats and deadlifts. :happy:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What are you doing right now?

curls
    pushups
    tricep kickbacks
    swimming (yup - freestyle is great for your triceps)
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Bench press, bent over rows, shoulder press, and well squats and deadlifts. :happy:
    I love this post!

Simplistic and exactly right.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    for arms. work both your biceps and triceps. the 2 main exercises that no one should ever not do are.. dips and pull ups/chin ups. (i would recommend trying to do these weighted if you can, but thats up to u) just remember your arm's are like 3/4 triceps so don't neglect them. (c so many people only do bicept curls =<) .. just listing off some things i do.. skull-crushers, rope pull down, your normal bicep curl, hammer curl, bb curl. etc

obviously compounds are amazing. listed above. just make sure you have correct form if your attempting them.

for shoulders. there is db shoulder press. military press. front raises, lateral raises, and rear delts. etc.. make sure you train rear delts as well as everything else! so many people neglect them its unbelievable.

but in the end. the only real way to get more toned is to cut bf%.. and usually thats with weight loss. you can look into re-comping but its a extreamlly slow process.
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    bump! I'm in the same boat so this is good info! Thanks guys!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Fitness Magazine's edition that just came out has an article on this with several moves.
  • amblee125
    amblee125 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've seen 2 schools of thought posted. The first deals with isolating specific muscles, like Taylerr88 suggest. The second deals with overall muscle growth for your entire body, which will also hit arms and shoulders, but also imrove EVERYTHING else, as Rae6503 suggested.
    Taylerr88 wrote:
    for arms. work both your biceps and triceps. the 2 main exercises that no one should ever not do are.. dips and pull ups/chin ups. (i would recommend trying to do these weighted if you can, but thats up to u) just remember your arm's are like 3/4 triceps so don't neglect them. (c so many people only do bicept curls =<) .. just listing off some things i do.. skull-crushers, rope pull down, your normal bicep curl, hammer curl, bb curl. etc

obviously compounds are amazing. listed above. just make sure you have correct form if your attempting them.

for shoulders. there is db shoulder press. military press. front raises, lateral raises, and rear delts. etc.. make sure you train rear delts as well as everything else! so many people neglect them its unbelievable.

but in the end. the only real way to get more toned is to cut bf%.. and usually thats with weight loss. you can look into re-comping but its a extreamlly slow process.
    Rae6503 wrote:
  • lilrahme
    lilrahme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks heaps guys, really appreciate it. Lets hope these arms are nice and toned by then!!!